Author Topic: Who would have made an interesting love interest for Julia besides Barnabas?  (Read 12715 times)

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
The one other sort of 'romance' that Julia had besides Tom Jennings was her period of being under the ghost of Gerard's power in 1995.  I think the two of them could make a good couple - both being very pale with dark red hair, they would make a good couple if a James Storm character had showed up in the present. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Interesting how people interpret a dominant-submissive relationship as romantic.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Those Jennings brother pics are awesome!
Julia loves Barnabas so much it's hard to really picture her with anyone else.
Roger and Stokes both seem way too gay for Julia, but funny enough I wanted Joshua and Natalie to get togather at the end of 1795.
If I had to pick anyone else for Julia, Quentin seems to be the best match for her.
I do like Barnabas and Willie as a couple. The differences between them make them seem like an interesting pair, the rich sophisticated older man and his hot rough trade :)
I also think I may well be the only Quentin/Chris shipper in the world.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I also think I may well be the only Quentin/Chris shipper in the world.

You very well may be, since [spoiler]Quentin is Chris' great grandfather.[/spoiler]

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know about the connection between Chris and Quentin but I still ship them anyways :)
Too bad they didn't interact more on the show.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I just can't see Julia and Barnbas with anyone but one another..... [easter_grin]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
so, if [spoiler]Quentin is Chris's Great Grandfather,[/spoiler] then he was dating Carolyn, a relative?

the Jennings were too young for Julia (as was Maggie.)   I stand by Elizabeth being a good lover for her.  (of course, in those days, Barney couldn't even bite willie on the neck lest it be perceived as homoerotic, so i would imagine that Liz and Jules would not have even been thought of.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
so, if [spoiler]Quentin is Chris's Great Grandfather,[/spoiler] then he was dating Carolyn, a relative?

Yes, his 3rd cousin.  [spoiler]Carolyn's mother and Chris' mother (who, I'm assuming, was a Fillmore that married a man named Jennings) were 2nd cousins.[/spoiler]

BTW, this topic teaches how to add spoiler code to posts--
We Have A Working Spoiler Feature Again!!

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Roger and Stokes both seem way too gay for Julia, but funny enough I wanted Joshua and Natalie to get togather at the end of 1795.

So funny to see topics resuscitated after a few years but I also have commented before that Grayson and Louis as Joshua and Natalie seemed to have chemistry, from the moment they met and snarled at each all the way toward the end when they were both hearbroken from the loss of loved ones--it was an interestingly odd changed cuz Roger and Julia had no romantic chemistry IMO--they were like siblings.
Julia99

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Now that you mention that Julia99, I can see that fire between Joshua and Natalie...plus I am currently watching 1795!  :) I am glad to see this topic resurrected.  I love to rumage through old posts and resurrect them!! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
I loved Connie's (as yet unfinished, alas) novel in which Quentin and Julia were a couple.  After reading it, I watched their scenes together again and I could definitely see the chem.  Grayson and Selby were very fond of one another (as platonic friends) in RL and I think it shows onscreen.

Yes, I loved that novel too (and even the unfinished version seems to have disappeared off the net into the eternal ether  [bawl]).  And there's another one too, (don't have the URL on this computer, but its the same website as Cassie's Saga of Quentin Collins, so that might work for a google search), where Quentin and Julia start spending time together and things develop from there.  Only the whole thing sends Barn into psychovampire mode, since he only wants her obsessively once she's interested in someone else.

Seen a few others too, here and there (some on Collins Library archives).  There's also an absolutely Marvelous one by our cousin Julia99, which was on the Juliahoffman. com site. 

If you think about it, it makes sense.  Quentin's smart, his track record (if you leave out the AMANDA HARRIS anomaly) runs toward smart, outspoken women with backbones (which certainly describes Julia). In other words, he wouldn't be scared of Julia as Barnabas seems to be on some levels.  He's grown up and developed empathy since 1897; he's a rascal, but not that much of a player anymore. That's not even counting the eye candy aspect.  [laughing_devil]  Bottom line is there's enough there to build on for a halfway decent writer to get a credible story or two or three out of it.

Other choices for me would be Professor Stokes (though I can also see him with Elizabeth, for similar reasons).  I like the Dave Woodard backstory idea too.  Early Burke and Early Julia would be a good matchup -- they were both motivated, ambitious, and not overburdened with scruples.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Early Burke and Early Julia would be a good matchup -- they were both motivated, ambitious, and not overburdened with scruples.

a good way to put it!  [ghost_cheesy]
Julia99