Author Topic: Topic Longevity  (Read 765 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Topic Longevity
« on: April 01, 2003, 08:25:57 PM »
I don't know if this has ever come up or not since the advent of this new board.  But, it occured to me today that one of the reasons I enjoy this new forum set up - aside from all the new visually interesting ways to express ourselves - is the way threads tend not to get buried as quickly here.  It must be due to all the ways we are now able to reach back and pull up our own and others posts, check comments and search compared with the old Vnet board.  I could and did search the other board with success in the past but this has a much richer quality IMO.  I skip all over this place some days and feel like virtually nothing is out of my reach or "lost".  And, as I said, the topics get a full run, with some of the more fun and interesting ones sometimes resurfacing days and even weeks after they were first posted.  Just wanted to let you guys know your hard work was worth it as far as I'm concerned anyway.   [clap]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Topic Longevity
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 08:58:05 PM »
I Agree
with Castle Bee

(yup,,,it rhymes)  ;)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Topic Longevity
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 10:03:29 PM »
I could and did search the other board with success in the past but this has a much richer quality IMO.  I skip all over this place some days and feel like virtually nothing is out of my reach or "lost".

The fact that older posts would be readily accessible to everyone was definitely one of the major selling points of this setup for us and something that we'd hoped people would take advantage of, so iIt's nice to see that you appreciate it too. :)