Author Topic: <OT Spooky Movies  (Read 502 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
<OT Spooky Movies
« on: October 04, 2016, 05:35:03 AM »
I had a $7.XX credit on ebay...but it would expire in less than a month.

I decided to see on the remote chance a) all 7 "Saw" movies would be for sale together, and b) they were within a reasonable price range. They were, and, with my 'credit', it only cost me $2.XX (there was tax on them).

Secondly, I had seen a 4-movie set: Return Of The Vampire/Revenge Of Frankenstein/Mr Sardonicus/Brotherhood Of Satan
for about the same price. I called my daughter, who told me to get the "Saw". (IMHO, for a 'newer' slasher-type horror, "Saw" was very, very well done; good forethought, good directing.)

But, I also had some weird $5.00 credit on Amazon, but for ONLY something sold and fulfilled by Amazon (this usually makes whatever movie 3 times as much). But, I got the above 4-pack for $6.XX (S&H inclusive)!

Whoop!! Whoop!!

I'm reasonably sure I've seen "Return of the Vampire", and possiibly "Revenge of Frankenstein", but not in a very long time. (I've probably seen the other 2, but too much water under that bridge.)

**Plus** I've got my season 5/Hotel AHS coming in a few days....October should be veddy cool.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: <OT Spooky Movies
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:48:58 PM »
That sounds like fun, Patti!

For those who have cable, the Turner Classic Movies network is running classic horror movies all month long this year.  I did not post the link because I thought of it as OT for these boards, but I will just mention that is happening for anyone out there who has the access and wants to watch.

Some of the films being shown were mined for DS plot points, such as the Hammer Dracula cycle which they are showing one day later this month, so from that perspective it is at least semi relevant to DS.

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:50:07 PM »
I'm taking full advantage. I never tire of these (Universal) classics. I am even catching up on the bombs I used to see featured in Famous Monsters Magazine. It's a great month for horror flicks (new and old) on cable.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:08:29 PM »
Practically anything horror-related is pretty much OK for this board.  [ghost_smiley]