Poll

Which of the two Dark Shadows ladies do you find more attractive and appealling:  Maggie (as a redhead with bangs, before she became governess of Collinwood), or Angelique?

Maggie absolutely more attractive and appealling than Angelique (Angelique no comparison at all to Maggie).
2 (6.1%)
Maggie by far more attractive and appealling than Angelique.
1 (3%)
Maggie more appealling than Angelique, but it's a close call between the two.
5 (15.2%)
Maggie and Angelique equally attractive and appealling.
4 (12.1%)
Angelique more attractive and appealling than Maggie, but it's a close call between the two.
3 (9.1%)
Angelique by far more attractive and appealling than Maggie.
11 (33.3%)
Angelique absolutely more attractive and appealling than Maggie ( Maggie no comparison at all to Angelique).
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: February 17, 2006, 06:15:13 PM

Author Topic: Two of Dark Shadows' favorite ladies  (Read 2655 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Two of Dark Shadows' favorite ladies
« on: February 03, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »
My last poll for the next week or so until the others conclude.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Re: Two of Dark Shadows' favorite ladies
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 07:51:01 PM »
I picked Angelique and Maggie to be equaly appealing.  Why?  Very simple.

Maggie.  The girl next door.  Her red-hair usually in a ponytail, those "funky clothes" she wears.  Which by the way, she more than likely bought her clothes at Penney's,  but when she got the "Governess" job at the 'big house', she had to get them at Brewsters.
She fun to be with and it seems like that she wants to be your friend.

Angelique.  Not the girl next door.  Her baby-blue eyes are hypnotic.  Her face could launch a thousand ships.  She knows what she wants and she gets 'him' at the end.  Oh yes, she's dead than, but is she really?  I don't think so.

Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 03:28:54 AM »
Angelique.  Not the girl next door.  Her baby-blue eyes are hypnotic.  Her face could launch a thousand ships.  She knows what she wants and she gets 'him' at the end.  Oh yes, she's dead than, but is she really?  I don't think so.
   Does Ang truly have blue eyes? They always looked to be gray?
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 04:14:20 AM »
Blue or gray.  It really doesn't matter.  They are the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 05:08:49 AM »
I picked Angelique as absolutely more beautiful and appealing than Maggie.  Maggie's cute and everything, but Angelique...there is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »

Speaking of blue eyes, DS male heartthrob, Quentin, has been described as having blue eyes, but they also look more gray. Now Carolyn seems to have bluish eyes.   Maggie's eyes are clearly sweet chocolate brown.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 05:02:59 PM »
I said Maggie is slightly more appealing, but it's kind of like apples and oranges.  Maggie is so "girl next door", while Angelique is really exotic - the witch from Martinique.    Josette DuPres, now she's just fabulous.  And I absolutely loved those outfits she wore in 1795.  But at the same time Angelique at that time was so quiet and she had that awesome accent.  Funny she had an accent and Josette didn't, even though they were both from the same place.  And Angelique's maid outfit (the one with the lace around the collar and sleeves) was very cute as well.

Oh heck, I just can't decide  ;D

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »
Angelique at that time was so quiet and she had that awesome accent.  Funny she had an accent and Josette didn't, even though they were both from the same place.

The funny thing about their accents in 1795:  Both ladies were of French origin, yet Angelique always had a British type accent, and Josette was always more modern day American (?) in her accent. And only on a couple of occasions or so did we hear them converse with each other in French.

Another funny things about accents in DS:  Liz and Roger were siblings, yet Liz had an American accent, while Roger had a British accent. I've always wondered about that too.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 07:42:45 PM »
I voted for equal too :)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 08:04:25 PM »
angelique does have her considerable charms however...

i just love early,apple-cheeked,good girl from the wrong side of the tracks maggie.the ponytail,the miniskirts,she's the sweetest.

i'm not quite as fond of maggie once she becomes governess at collinwood.i just liked vicki better in that role but that's just me. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 09:24:14 PM »
Interestingly in the save Dark Shadows petition started in Dec. 2003 when DS was being cancelled on the sci-fi channel, one of the questions asked was Who is more attractive?. Out of all of DS ladies the question was asked about Maggie and Angelique.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 12:08:13 AM »

They're blue, when you meet her in person and are face to face w/her in the autograph line, which I was several times early in my fandom days, there's no mistaking they're blue.  Sometimes, on TV, weird things will happen to an actor's eyes, don't know if it's lighting on the set or what.  But there was an actor on Emergency! who had eyes the same exact color as Jonathan's, hazel, and there was ONE episode where they looked baby blue.  Possibly he was wearing blue contacts that ep for some reason, but there you have it.  There's another actor I like who's got the most INCREDIBLY ice blue eyes, but in one TV movie he did they looked brown.  Again, he MAY have been wearing brown lenses, but who knows.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 12:29:48 AM »
Camera lightings I suppose can be deceiving. In Willie Loomis' case, I could swear he has hazel eyes. As far as KLS is concerned, I'm sure her eyes must be brown.

On the subject of camera views in DS: Another weird happening ( or is it just my imagination?) is actors'/actresses' heights depending on the camera angle or where they happen to be standing. In the foyer at Collinwood, an actor/actress standing with their back to the front door seems shorter than if they were standing closer to the drawing room.

One example of that is in the 1897 storyline when Rachel Drummond (played by KLS) is standing with her back to the drawing room and Beth Chavez ( played by Terry Crawford), is standing with her back to the front door. At that point KLS seems only slightly shorter than TC who is about 5 10ish or 5'11". Then when Beth Chavez is closer to the grandfather clock, she now seems several inchess taller than KLS. That's the scene where Rachel is querying Beth about the strange light in the supposedly abandoned Tower Room.

Also in the scene where Cassandra (aka Cass-Angie) opens the front door at Collinwood first meets Maggie, she seems at first to be the taller of the two ladies ( this is the scene where Cass-Angie is shocked to see Josette's 20th. century lookalike in Maggie). Then when Maggie walks past Cass-Angie and turns with her back to the drawing room, is it now Maggie who seems to be taller than Cass-Angie.

I'd be curious is I am the only one that's noticed this about camera angles, or have other DS viewers noticed it too?
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 02:31:05 AM »
Truly grey eyes are about as rare as hens teeth.  I've only ever known ONE person who's eyes were actually grey, with no hint of green or blue at all, in my entire life.  She was also very beautiful and it was always interesting to watch men, in particular, meet her for the first time..... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 03:45:05 AM »
Speaking of blue eyes, DS male heartthrob, Quentin, has been described as having blue eyes, but they also look more gray.
Selby's eyes are most definitely blue, but the videotape on DS doesn't always do them justice.

On the other hand, I was listening to Lynda Carter's commentary on one of the Wonder Woman DVDs recently, and she remarked that her eyes looked much bluer in the episode she was discussing than they are in real life, so I guess it works both ways.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)