Author Topic: MPI Mailing  (Read 3658 times)

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:MPI Mailing
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2003, 04:48:28 AM »
hi
i called mpi friday and requested a new catalog. the somewhat unfriendly woman on the phone told me there wouldn't be a new catalog released until at least january, and that the most current catalog was from 2001 . what's up with that?

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2003, 10:15:08 AM »
Gee, that seems really strange, onyx_treasure. I've never bought anything directly from MPI and I've been receiving their maillings since 1990. One would think that people who buy from them would automatically be added to whichever mailing list corresponds closest to their purchase.  :-

Have you at least received a DS catalogue or flyer with some of your orders?

Me neither MB.  I've been ordering from them for years now and have never received any catalog, flyer or anything, not even with my orders.  I get so much junk from everyone else and this is the one place where I'd love to get something from!  I never even knew they had a catalog. :(

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2003, 04:54:34 PM »
I never even knew they had a catalog. :(

MPI has had eight catalogues (1990-1996, 2000) and two flyers (1998 & 2003). I've just assumed that MPI would include their own customers in their mailings, but apparently not...

:-

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2003, 06:31:38 PM »
i called mpi friday and requested a new catalog. the somewhat unfriendly woman on the phone told me there wouldn't be a new catalog released until at least january, and that the most current catalog was from 2001 .

I also find calling MPI will get you a somewhat unfriendly person to do business with.  They are not out an out rude just somewhat unfriendly.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2003, 05:34:22 AM »
We I used to get the video tapes I got the flyers as well.  I got them all up to 2000 one.  But i have move so many times in the last 5 years  I havent gotten one or anything for MPI since 2000, but again I havent order anything from them since early 2000.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline mpi_marketing

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2003, 02:58:33 PM »
It appears as though there is some confusion regarding the MPI mailing list, so I thought I would take some time to clear that up.  MPI's mailing list is an opt-in mailing list.  That means that to be added to the mailing list you either need to request a catalog via phone or e-mail or have joined through an alternate method (ie - DS convention mailing list).

MPI's privacy policy posted at www.mpihomevideo.com outlines this policy in greater detail.  While there are many people who automatically like to receive mailings upon purchases, that approach can be viewed as unethical since there are also many people who do not wish to receive these mailings automatically.  That is the reasoning behind making the mailing list opt-in...

For those of you with internet access, you might wish to sign up to recieve the monthly MPI Home Video newsletter from www.mpihomevideo.com.  This newsletter was created to announce new releases as well as notify fans of all special offers at MPI.  The DS VHS blowout was also announced on this newsletter in early December.

Thanks again & hopefully I've been able to clear up any confusion regarding the mailing list.

MPI

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2003, 03:14:33 PM »
While there are many people who automatically like to receive mailings upon purchases, that approach can be viewed as unethical since there are also many people who do not wish to receive these mailings automatically.  That is the reasoning behind making the mailing list opt-in...

Well, when one realizes that's the explanation, then it makes absolutely perfect sense that MPI's customers wouldn't automatically be added to the mailing list. It's a commendable policy that more companies should actually adopt.

Thanks for taking the time to explain things.  :)  Now in the future we'll know enough to tell fans that they need to specifically request to be added to the list...

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2003, 05:57:37 PM »
     Yesterday, I received a mailing from MPI with an offer to join the club and receive a Barnabas Bobblehead.  I hope they will start sending me catalogs, too.  I just signed up for the newsletter. 
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2003, 06:36:59 PM »
Oh my Sweet Goddess, that Bobbleheaded Booby image from Mark Rainey is an absolute scream!  I read that at a convention in Canada, the two Jonathans were on stage together.  I don't know whether they were performing... I think it was just a Q & A, but what a great sight this must have been. They are the REAL dynamic duo!

Try asking MPI if they will send you their OLD catalogues.  I have kept all of mine.  They are printed on glossy paper, with lots of photos--some of them a little on the rare side.  I particularly love the one they did the year they started the Collectors Series (the 1966 tapes).

G.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2003, 10:25:19 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to explain things.  :)  Now in the future we'll know enough to tell fans that they need to specifically request to be added to the list...
Thanks again & hopefully I've been able to clear up any confusion regarding the mailing list.

Thanks! I was just going to click on the links you posted but then checked my mail and there it was!  I got the same flyer as MB did and the picture on the reunion DVD looks great!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2003, 02:05:23 PM »
Funny, I didn't get the mailing, but my sister did.  I was the one to purchase the tickets to the fest.  The only other explanation is that the person bringing in the mail throw it away.  It could not be the husband I am sure he would have thrown out the 8 million store ads that come every day, somehow they survive.  I guess MPI didn't like me either.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2003, 08:12:39 AM »
Funny, I didn't get the mailing, but my sister did.  I was the one to purchase the tickets to the fest.  The only other explanation is that the person bringing in the mail throw it away.  It could not be the husband I am sure he would have thrown out the 8 million store ads that come every day, somehow they survive.  I guess MPI didn't like me either.

i got one but had to pull it out of the trash as my 6 year old had thrown the "creepy guy" out! i think i'll order a bobble head Barnabas and put it next to NOMAR!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 04:18:09 PM »
my 6 year old had thrown the "creepy guy" out!

LOLOLOL!!!!!

Patti
What a Woman!