Author Topic: Say, what?!!!  (Read 930 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Say, what?!!!
« on: May 14, 2002, 06:51:08 AM »
Dr. Lang: " Do you want her to marry this young man and live a life of unending joy?

Ummm, I think we can safely conclude that Lang is a lifelong bachelor!

Hate to be too cynical, but methinks even those who are married much more successfully than I was would hardly describe it in that way.

Didn't you just love the tone in Doc Hoffman's voice when Barney told her that he had called her there to save Jeff's life. "You di-id?" ("Oh Barney, you're my HERO!") He was actually being most gallant with her too. Would more thrilling if it wasn't such a case of don't want her, don't want to lose her.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Say, what?!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 02:13:59 AM »
Hi, Kuanyin i agree think that Dr Lang needs a wife
to look after him.   Now if the man was Quentin i
would definetly be very happy to take on the job!!!!!!
IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT ME?????????????
                     Love Anne  ;) ;) :-* :-* :-* ;) :D :D

"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 07:50:14 AM »

Life of unending joy? I'm sure that was sarcasm on Dr. Lang's part. I can't imagine him getting a thrill out of anything other than his strange projects. In his weird science, I wonder what kind of a wife he would create for himself.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 08:46:27 AM »
Would more thrilling if it wasn't such a case of don't want her, don't want to lose her.

Was there EVER a more explicit case of "Don't want her but don't want anyone else to have her either. . ." scenario???
Julia99

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2002, 01:15:37 AM »

Life of unending joy? I'm sure that was sarcasm on Dr. Lang's part. I can't imagine him getting a thrill out of anything other than his strange projects. In his weird science, I wonder what kind of a wife he would create for himself.

He didn't say it sarcastically though and he was using the expression to try and work on the jealousy of Barnabas, so sarcasm wouldn't make much sense.

As for Lang's ideal mate, well, I kind of alluded to it earlier in my idle thoughts (which leads us all to a very scary visual place ;) )

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga