Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0382  (Read 950 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0382
« on: September 11, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0382
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 05:27:26 PM »
Usually I don't much like Joan Bennett's voiceovers; she sounds rather like my mother reading Make Way For Ducklings for the umpteen-hundredth time.  But today I liked Bennett's correct French pronunciation of the "n" in séance.

The transformation of the cat into Joshua may be the most successful special effect ever executed on Dark Shadows - and it's especially impressive when you consider that earlier in that same scene, the cat had done its usual get-out-of-Dodge act.

I admire the way Naomi refuses to assume that Jeremiah and Josette have run off together.  Clearly it was at his mother's knee that Barnabas learned that a person is innocent until proven innocent.

At the beginning of the episode, I thought to myself: "Well, look at that! Vicky's actually learning to keep her mouth shut!"  Then she told Abigail she liked cats, and on top of that we discovered that she hadn't heeded Jeremiah's advice to hide her 20th century clothes carefully.  I sat there waiting for Abigail to look at the label and say, "Ohrbach's! The devil's favorite store!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 07:42:18 AM »
I had  to say from an earlier show. I don't think I said it. But did you know that the blankets also did some time travel. Wool blankets that were green can also time travel.  Look on Angeliques Bed. Also the matrice looked like a box spring. OH Well.

They did the special effect by having another camera  take a shot of the  smoke and then switched back to the other on. Still it was still a very good trick.  I loved Abigails line that she could go anywhere in the house. No one had privacy when it came to the servents.   I also liked the way that Joshua told Abigail to behave herself.  We also know that the Reverend Trask is coming. Let the games begin.

I wonder how Angelique knew where the cat was. Maybe she saw it in the flames in her room. :-X  OR :-

SPOILER

Maybe she had Nicholas'  Mirror.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:37:23 PM »
I'm finally caught up again!  [clap2] Hooray! [cheerleader]

Yes, indeed, that was a great special effect - making Joshua appear again, and the cat disappear! [cat] [bigok] I hated that horrible screeching sound, though - as I said before, it was like running your fingernails over a chalkboard!  [8311]

I hated Abigail when she insisted on staying in Vicki's room. [vryangg] How rude! Vicki should have forced her out of the room!  [twak]

Oh boy, Reverend Trask is coming! Now all Hell is going to break loose!    [firedevil]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 04:13:15 AM »
Not much to say here, except of course the great cat switcheroo. That was indeed clever. The cat gets around. Then Vicki sheds further suspicion on herself when she tells Abigail that she likes cats. Hmmmmm I guess she didn't do her homework-------witches? cats?-----they go together.
Reverend Trask cometh.  Fasten your seat belt!
                                                                        Misty >:D
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 01:05:56 AM »
I feel so sorry for Naomi, what with the countess and Abigail badgering her to question Vicki.

Poor Joshua, having no memory of being gone for an entire week, it was obvious he was unsettled by it.

The screeching of the cat always amuses me.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"