Author Topic: Who's More Annoying: Jeff Clark Or The Dell Computer Kid?  (Read 8263 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Who's More Annoying: Jeff Clark Or The Dell Computer Kid?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2002, 05:28:15 AM »
still have to go with Ben (can't remember his last name) over Roger. Mainly because I've never heard of Ben striking one of his fans.  :o
OHMYGOD, I'd completely forgotten about that. [haironend]

So I suppose that means we can add physical abuse to reducing fans to tears as some of his past sins...

Offline CandleLighter

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2002, 05:34:01 AM »
and add to the list:
 the Mitsubishi Eclipse  commercial with the song Days Go By and that annoying girl dancing in the car  [crazd]

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2002, 05:50:52 AM »
Candlelighter! I was just getting ready to say, "What about that idiot Mitzubishi commercial with that girl poplocking?" You took the words right out of my mouth. That, for me, is the absolute worst commercial.

Goodness, I was unaware of all of these things Davis has done. I hope he is no longer like that.

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2002, 05:51:33 AM »
Dear Mysterious Benefactor,

You say that Steve, the Dell Computer Kid, is going to be seen even more frequently now, doing commercials for other peripheral equipment?  George Orwell was right:

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!

"Dr. Watson, get me the needle, PLEASE!!!"

Bob the Bartender, who longs for the days of the lonely Maytag Repair Man and Rosie and her "Quicker-Picker-Upper" Bounty Paper Towels.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2002, 05:52:56 AM »
I've always liked the Dell kid and my mother and aunt like him, too.  Sometimes he just does a little movement of his eye or eyebrow to convey quite a bit.  I keep wondering what he'd be like in a real part.  I think, possibly, he could be a good actor and I'd love to find out.

As to that union business, I saw a few weeks ago that he was one of the ones in trouble and the next day there was something that supposedly they wouldn't be allowed to work, so I've been wondering about him.  Since then I've seen him in two new commercials.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2002, 06:23:19 AM »
I hope he is no longer like that.

No. Thankfully, he had an epiphany a few years back.

Though I suppose some might feel it didn't quite come soon enough...

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2002, 07:03:27 AM »
I think there have always been annoying characters on TV commercials. Yet, as much as we "hated" them back then for offending us on a daily, sometimes hourly basis, now that they're gone, why don't we all admit it? We miss them!

How many of you ladies would like to see that woman whose first words to you were "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"? C'mon, admit it. Wouldn't we all like to see just how beautiful she is today?

And that little cartoon "Mr. Bubble" kid who scampered naked all over his bathroom, scaring his grandmother half to death by putting on a foam bubble beard and making her think "there's a man in the bathtub". Wouldn't we all love to see that grandma grab that brat and beat his bare butt till it was so red even she could see it?

Someday we'll all miss "Steven", the Dell kid. Right? NAH!

SDP

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2002, 09:19:12 AM »
I'm sorry, Bob - but I find Jeff Clark at least 1000 times more annoying than the Dell computer guy. Saying "Dude, you're getting a Dell" is nothing compared to Clark's screaming, ranting and raving. ::)

Im with you all the way MB.  I keep wondering just how much longer will we have to put up with his screaming, shouting & hair pulling nonsense on the show??!

I don't mind the Dell boy all that much. I'd much rather see this commercial than that long dragged out one for Staples!  And please, if I see one more AOL commercial......[scrm]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2002, 02:17:48 PM »
I don't mind the Dell boy all that much. I'd much rather see this commercial than that long dragged out one for Staples!  And please, if I see one more AOL commercial......[scrm]

Or that one where the guy says, "can ya hear me now?" in ten thousand different locations. HE'Sin the same category as Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2002, 04:07:08 PM »
In their August issue, PC Magazine published their annual Reader's Poll. It might surprise you that Dell was ranked highest in overall satisfaction, service, reliability & willingness to buy again for both home and office use. Locally built and Gateway tied for 2nd. Compaq and emachines tied for last place with failing grades across the board.
The only category where Dell didn't place first was for notebooks - it placed 5th behind Apple, Hewlett-Packard, IBM & Toshiba, who all tied for 1st. Gateway came in 7th.  And once again, Compaq came in last, this time tied with NEC.

I know Dell is # 1 my sister bought one recently and RAVES about it (I never trust things rated # 1 but i believe in conspirsy theories too! ) Have had a lot of problems with Gateway but as my computer needs are low would rather put the money in a NEW JennAir stove
Stephen is right up there with "the "Where's The Beef Lady" hate the commercial because he is always telling adults what to get! those blonde dumb surfer dudes never my cup of tea Heehee Now I'd buy A Dell from Timothy Dalton!

Thanks for the info

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2002, 09:14:37 PM »
Or that one where the guy says, "can ya hear me now?" in ten thousand different locations. HE'Sin the same category as Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford.

Omg Carol, how could I forget about that one!![pissd]  You're so right, that has got to be the MOST annoying commercial there is out there (along with AOL's)  Everytime Im in CVS or any store and I hear somebody saying "can you hear me now?"  I just want to hit them over the head![smash]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2002, 04:18:44 AM »
:-XI have no problem with the Dell kid. Apparently, neither does Dell---they're selling computers! Jeff Clark annoys me no end I want to rip out his hair!!! Well, I'm not a violent person but he really gets to me!!!

Misty  :-X
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2002, 04:29:03 AM »
'm still watching Dark Shadows despite Jeff Clark, so I guess in my mind the Dell kid is worse...like his predecessor, Eddie Haskell, Mr. Dude-you're-gettin'-a-Dell drives me nuts, and I'm glad I bought my computer before he started doing the commercials or I'm sure I'd own a Gateway right now.  :)

I must agree with Carol, too, though -- I've formed this mental image of the cell phone guy asking "Can you hear me now?" as he steps off the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Cheers,

Linda

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2002, 05:04:26 AM »
Davis' portrayal of Jeff Clark is irritating.  Betsy Durkin's Vicki is far worse.

Don't mind Stephen the Dell dude.  Or Eva Savealot, though I miss Ed O'Neill.  But I totally can't stand  CARROT-TOP!!! He's so icky!!!
[/color]

[shadow=purple,left,300]Always, Minja  8)[/shadow]
PS: Kelly (Don't Hate Me Cuz I'm Beautiful) LeBrock is OK by me too.[/color]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2002, 06:32:16 AM »
I like the Dell kid.  We have young people around here that remind me of him.

Remember the Tidy Bowl Man?

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.