Author Topic: New Audio Dramas and Return to Collinwood  (Read 961 times)

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
New Audio Dramas and Return to Collinwood
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:14:49 AM »
Okay, so I see these new audio dramas are coming out.  I've been considering buying "Return to Collinwood" but would like to know... is that in continuity with the new stuff?  I don't see any mention of RtC on the site for the new CDs.  Thanks for any insight on this.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: New Audio Dramas and Return to Collinwood
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 05:16:43 AM »
I've been considering buying "Return to Collinwood" but would like to know... is that in continuity with the new stuff?  I don't see any mention of RtC on the site for the new CDs.  Thanks for any insight on this.

Hi, ShadowsAtlanta,

Try this page under "News" on the official site:  The New Audio Stories: Just the Facts and see Stuart's answer under "When do the stories take place?"

Hope that helped.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:35:15 PM »
They take place before RtC, perhaps years before, they themselves haven't decided.  They want to leave the exact time open.    That's something I don't care for with the DW CDs.... the Virgin books had a definite order, in fact, the older Doctor books would say that the book takes place between two particular TV stories.    Not only don't the CDs do that, but they just don't care about maintaining continuity with the books.   They invent their own companions and it's hard to reconcile them with the books.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 11:23:07 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the feeback and the link.  Looks like the creators of these dramas recognize RtC as part of the same timeline as these dramas, so that's good to know.  :)