Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0329  (Read 1159 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0329
« on: June 28, 2007, 06:46:14 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0329
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:49:31 PM »
Barnabas still wants to kill Willie. Julia having very strange thoughts, and she almost got the job done. Has she already crossed over tho the Dark Side. When someone is being bad do you notice that the clothes look darker.  Did we ever see Barnabas until later in any bright colors, after he was a vampire.

I was surprised that Barnabas just paced and Julia just sat there. Where was the medical journal that she should have been reading. Good show.

The ending was great.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 01:15:44 AM »
We're back to Dana Elcar as Sheriff.  I like Dana Elcar, but I thought yesterday's fill-in was very good.

I was wondering if the transfusions that Willie got were a factor in his memory loss.  Usually when a vampire victim gets a transfusion, the blood he lost was taken by a vampire.  In this case, he just bled, and the blood with the unholy union in it was lost, and replaced with clean blood.  It's rather far-fetched to think that would make a difference - but who knows?

It was rather sweet to see Julia confessing that she just couldn't take a human life.

Good episode.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 02:08:03 AM »
It was kind of jolting to see Julia almost pull out the needle from Willie's arm....had Dr. Woodard not come in when he did, would she have gone through with it? I hope not. :P

I felt really sorry for Willie here....he was so pathetic. :'( He didn't deserve what happened to him or what will happen to him. We won't be seeing him for quite awhile now. How unfair that he should have to take the rap for Maggie's kidnapping when all he wanted to do was help her. :-[

Note: this is Dana Elcar's last episode as Sheriff Patterson. He'll be missed.

Great episode.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 09:51:37 AM »
It was weird to see another actor playing Sheriff Patterson in the previous episode. [crazy2] The last scene in that episode and the teaser in this episode were slightly different.  Dana Elcar's Sheriff Patterson had the hat on his head, and the other actor was holding the hat in his hand. [winkg]  It's too bad Dana Elcar left the show after this episode. [cryg] He was my favorite Sheriff Patterson.

It was fun to watch Barnabas being powerless and having to wait... and wait... and wait... for Willie to wake up (for three hours!) - and then Sheriff Patterson wouldn't let him talk to Willie first!  [vryangg]

I agree with Robin that Willie probably was pretending not to remember anything, in order to save himself from being killed by Barnabas.  I felt so sorry for Willie - he was only trying to save Maggie from Barnabas, and ended up being shot and blamed for the kidnapping. [bawl]  He's lucky he got away so easily.

JK did an excellent acting job today! [cheer] This is the last time we see Willie until after the 1795 storyline. [cryb] JK must have had another acting engagement, because he wasn't on the show during the 1795 storyline.

That scene when Julia lit up a cigarette in Willie's room was very weird - and dangerous!  Don't they usually have signs which say no smoking in rooms where oxygen is being used?  She could have blown the place up! [shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]   
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 04:49:42 PM »
I agree with Robin that Willie probably was pretending not to remember anything, in order to save himself from being killed by Barnabas.  I felt so sorry for Willie - he was only trying to save Maggie from Barnabas, and ended up being shot and blamed for the kidnapping. [bawl]  He's lucky he got away so easily.

Well, given the way Willie behaves when we do see him less than eight months later, I'm not so sure his amnesia is a complete put on here. Though, as I said in a different topic a few weeks back, who knows what sort of really great mind altering drugs Willie might have been given at Windcliff?  [wink2]

JK did an excellent acting job today! [cheer] This is the last time we see Willie until after the 1795 storyline. [cryb] JK must have had another acting engagement, because he wasn't on the show during the 1795 storyline.

Karlen was on the soap Love Is A Many Splendid Thing, but I'm not quite sure when he did it.  [idontknow]
(A fun fact is that at some point after Willie's return, Karlen began appearing on the short lived CBS soap Hidden Faces as well as on DS. And as an added bit of trivia: Conard Fowkes played HF's central character - and Betsy Durkin was also on the show.)

That scene when Julia lit up a cigarette in Willie's room was very weird - and dangerous!  Don't they usually have signs which say no smoking in rooms where oxygen is being used?  She could have blown the place up! [shkdg]

Which is one of the reasons discussion always seems to get around to that whenever these hospital scenes come up.  :D  And it's also why "cigarette" is the definitive fill-in for this Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) topic:
Episode #0328

;D

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 02:36:13 AM »
It's nice to see that Sheriff Patterson is looking like his old self again.   :D

Gotta love the scene of Dr. Hoffman lighting up a cig and smoking like a chimney in the room of a man who, until a few hours earlier, was being housed in an oxygen tent!  All those clouds of choking smoke headed straight towards the patient's bed.  Had hospitals NO standards back then?

And as for the dear pledge-to-do-no-harm doctor, she would appear to be more hypocritic than Hyppocratic these days!