Author Topic: D.S. FESTIVAL 2006 WEBSITE  (Read 3203 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
D.S. FESTIVAL 2006 WEBSITE
« on: August 31, 2006, 10:16:04 AM »
I created a website for the recent 2006 dark shadows festival. some of the photos are temporary and will be replaced with better photos probably next week. http://community.webtv.net/jttvx/DARKSHADOWSFESTIVAL0

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: D.S. FESTIVAL 2006 WEBSITE
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 12:44:21 PM »
Thanks for posting Joe - I enjoyed all the photos.  I'm really sorry I had to miss seeing that set! There's just something about that old drawing room!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 02:56:18 PM »
Thanks for posting Joe - I enjoyed all the photos.  I'm really sorry I had to miss seeing that set! There's just something about that old drawing room!

I'm hoping they'll drag that set to every future Fest, it was GORGEOUS and we had our annual group photo taken there.  We REALLY look as if we're in the Drawing Room!  It's too cool!  ;)

P.S. Castlebee, I LOVE the pic of the puppy on it's back!  That's TOO cute!   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 03:36:02 PM »
[P.S. Castlebee, I LOVE the pic of the puppy on it's back!  That's TOO cute!   ;D
Thanks BuzzH.  I'm afraid I can only take credit for selecting it as (I think) it originally showed up in one of my cuteoverload.com daily mailings. I just love it when puppies play, play, play and then suddenly just passout. 

I'm hoping they'll drag that set to every future Fest, it was GORGEOUS and we had our annual group photo taken there.  We REALLY look as if we're in the Drawing Room!  It's too cool!
I am so GREEN with envy!!!   
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 06:01:43 PM »
i heard they are bringing it to the next convention and there is talk of adding the foyer to the set!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 06:37:42 PM »
Thanks, Joe!  I've enjoyed seeing all your photos.

That's great news about the sets.  KLS' webmaster is apparently multi-talented.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 06:55:24 PM »
i went to your site Joe great pics of everyone thanks
i was saddened to think how many of our DS cast
is gone great memories they left behind :)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 08:05:33 PM »
i heard they are bringing it to the next convention and there is talk of adding the foyer to the set!

From your lips to Jim Pierson's ears Joe!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 08:21:53 PM »
OMG! Not only another opportunity to see the drawing room but the FOYER too! I could cry!  [hello]

I'm serious - I've been in love with sets since I had a chance to visit a touring set of the Ponderosa when I was about 10. They had it on display at our State Fair back when the show was a huge hit (sounds weird now since they have never had anything like it before or since).  It was like walking into some magical land.  Take that feeling times 100 and you'd have some idea of how I'd feel on the set of DS - or, in this case, a recreation which, in lieu of the real deal is just fine and dandy.  If it were up to me the entire set - including the Old House and the Collins family crypt - would be in the Smithsonian.  Too bad DS fans don't rule the world - oooo, now wouldn't that be just a mansion filled, creepy cool place!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 08:26:12 PM »
OMG! Not only another opportunity to see the drawing room but the FOYER too! I could cry!

Funny thing is, DC always laughed at us for thinking these two sets were MASSIVE when in actuality they were quite small, probably about the size of what was at the Fest, LOL!  But it's still MAGICAL to see isn't it!?  ;D
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 02:13:05 PM »
But it's still MAGICAL to see isn't it!?  ;D
It certainly is! And even though all these years later I know how small movie and TV sets really are - I can somehowl manage to bypass that information and see Collinwood as the massive, cool old place that it was in my childhood imagination.  I guess it's not reality as much as what's going on in your head at any given time. LOL.   ;D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 05:28:11 PM »
...even though all these years later I know how small movie and TV sets really are - I can somehowl manage to bypass that information and see Collinwood as the massive...

While it still wouldn't have made it massive, due to space limitations they weren't able to recreate the entire drawing room set - just part of it. The entire wall where the French doors are is missing, as well as the wall with the window and the wall where the infamous painting of Isaac Collins hangs over the piano. But still, what they were able to recreate looks phenomenal.  [clap]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »
While it still wouldn't have made it massive, due to space limitations they weren't able to recreate the entire drawing room set - just part of it. The entire wall where the French doors are is missing, as well as the wall with the window and the wall where the infamous painting of Isaac Collins hangs over the piano. But still, what they were able to recreate looks phenomenal.

You know what else was glaringly missing, but again I'm sure it was a space thing, the famed oak double doors that lead to the room to begin with. ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 07:10:38 PM »
While it still wouldn't have made it massive, due to space limitations they weren't able to recreate the entire drawing room set - just part of it.
Patrick DeBlasi, who built the set, is planning to expand it, so you might see more of the room at a future Fest.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 07:40:04 PM »
Patrick DeBlasi, who built the set, is planning to expand it, so you might see more of the room at a future Fest.

He did a wonderful job.  He'd been talking abiout the idea of it for a very long time.  It turned out great!
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."