Author Topic: Louis Edmonds (Was OT: Louis Edmonds' Last Co-Star Writes a Book)  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
What a kind and gentle man Louis seemed to be.  He looks so precious and sweet as an older man one just wants to hug him.  I regret that I never had the honor of meeting this beautiful soul.  I can't thank Craig Hamrick enough (another man I wish I had met) for making me almost feel as if I had meet Louis, if only through stories.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

David

Re: Louis Edmonds
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
 [ghost_smiley]

Taeylor.,
a picture says 1,000 words, but Louis in person said 1,000 more!
He was GRAND!
A witty, charming delight!

It's now seven years since he passed.
I still can't believe that I knew him, worked with him, went to his home, took him to the movies, etc.

RIP, dear man.......

David

David

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:02:15 PM »
 [ghost_sad]

Here's a sweet, sad memory:

when I attended Louis' funeral in Feb 2001, I sat with Marie Wallace & Diana Millay.
Jonathan Frid right sat behind us.

During the eulogy, Louis' brother commented that the DS cast seemed like a family unto itself.
At that moment, Marie turned around.
She & Frid gently kissed each other on the cheek.

I'll never forget that,
sigh.........

David

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »
I kind of wondered who all was there.  I knew Jon had driven from Canada per Big Lou, however, I wondered who else from the DS cast had attended.  Thanks for clearing this up. That is a sweet story about Marie and Jon.  [ghost_smiley] It's a personal belief of mine that ones energy is a force which can never be destroyed.  So (to me) Louis presence can still be felt today.

I hope this isn't too off topic.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

David

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 02:21:51 AM »
 [ghost_smiley]

Taeylor:
I'd say that talking about Louis Edmonds in definitely ON topic!
Here's some stuff for you that I think was posted before, but since you joined us more recently, you might not know this:

Louis' funeral took place in a charming country church across the street from The Rookery, his charming country cottage in Setauket NY.
Louis willed The Rookery to the Church.

Louis' ashes are buried behind The Rookery, next to his favorite tree.
A memorial plaque marks the spot.

Fans may call the church if they wish to vsit the Rookery:. The fireplace mantle still contains photos of Louis, and a
short biography is posted.

The church uses The Rookery for meetings.

Midnite, what's the name of that church?
I can't seem to recall!

David   

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 03:45:29 AM »
The Caroline Church of Brookhaven

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 03:57:21 AM »
I was aware of everything except the fact that one would be allowed to tour The Rookery. How awesome is that?  How close is it to the NYC as I plan to go to the fest next year. I would love to pay my respects.  I also wonder if anyone knows where Grayson's plaque is?  I have read A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW twice but can't seem to remember if RJ mentioned where the plaque was.  It also seems like I remember a story about someone having a picnic and chancing up on her plaque?  Am I creating this in my head??

RE: The off topic thing.  I knew this topic was about Louis last costar and not Louis himself.  I was just trying to err on the side of caution.  I don't want any positive points. [ghost_wink] Nor do I want too produce MB or Midnite with anymore work than they already have to do daily on the boards.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 04:54:51 AM »
Sometimes topics start out about one thing and they just organically morph into something else. In most cases (unless there's already a topic on the forum to discuss the subject that they're morphing into) we just let them. And if the new subject's discussion really takes on a life of its own, like the discussion here about Louis, we simply split the topic into two (or sometimes even more) topics, like has also happened here.  [ghost_wink]

And just to go OT for a second: Boy - I guess I was lucky to be in this topic when I was because, Taeylor, that Barbara Steele as Julia avatar was really short-lived. If I'd blinked at the right time, I almost would have missed it!  [ghost_grin]

EDIT: OMG - now it's switched from Spectral Angelique to Vicki on the train!!

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Louis Edmonds (Was OT: Louis Edmonds' Last Co-Star Writes a Book)
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 05:02:11 AM »
He was very sweet.  I got to visit with him when he was flying from LA to New York in 2000.  He was flying the airline I was working for at the time so I went to visit with him on my lunch break.  He wasn't feeling very well and as I walked him to his connecting gate, he took my hand for support.  I asked him if I was walking too fast for him.  He said "No my dear.  The faster I walk the straighter I walk."  I never got to experience the wild sense of humor I'm told he had.  Probably becuase I was still a young girl and he was a polite southern gentleman.  I've been thinking about him alot lately as I've been converting my dad's convention tapes to DVD.  He was a wonderful man.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Louis Edmonds (Was OT: Louis Edmonds' Last Co-Star Writes a Book)
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 05:13:12 AM »
Great story CrazyJennie except for Louis Edmonds being ill.  Bless His Heart. He isn't ill anymore and that is a blessing.  His comment to you made me LOL.  I feel a kindered spirit with Louis because we have a few things in common, one of them being southern! :)  I am very proud of my southern roots regardless of what stereotypes have been placed upon them. [ghost_smiley]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 05:24:25 AM »
Quote from: Mysterious Benefactor
And just to go OT for a second: Boy - I guess I was lucky to be in this topic when I was because, Taeylor, that Barbara Steele as Julia avatar was really short-lived. If I'd blinked at the right time, I almost would have missed it!  [ghost_grin]EDIT: OMG - now it's switched from Spectral Angelique to Vicki on the train!!

I was experminting.  I decided since Victoria/Joanna Going  introduced me to this world I would go with her~~~~FOR NOW! :)