Author Topic: p.t.angelique.a witch...or just a bitch?  (Read 743 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
p.t.angelique.a witch...or just a bitch?
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:41:29 PM »
i recently completed 1970 parallel time so perhaps i should be clearer on this point but i'm not sure.

what was the deal with angelique in this time period?she wasn't a straight-forward witch in the same way real time angelique was but she did seem to possess some sort of supernatural powers.it's stated from the start that she had an affinity for the occult but it dosen't spell that out.

she understands voodoo and also has the ability to place people under her control.but she doesn't utilize these powers as often as she could.for instance she could have placed julia under her control(once she realizes who she really is)but she dosen't.

she seems to achieve alot of her goals simply by being manipulative and,well,bitchy(think maggie and the dress at the costume party).

so what's the deal with angelique here???
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: p.t.angelique.a witch...or just a bitch?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 04:57:40 PM »
Just off the top of my head--PT Angelique seems more like an amateur Witch (which, actually, was a lot more how the original Angelique seemed until the period when she created her bat-familiar)--someone who had read some books and decided to see whether the stuff worked or not; when it did, she continued, but her interest in Magick was strictly practical and related to whatever goal she had before her.  I think that Tim Stokes, her stepfather, had a much more serious grasp of the occult. incidentally, occultists, especially those who haven't had the benefit of a fully-structured training, often wind up becoming alcoholics or drug addicts because they need something to numb them out from all the energies flooding their systems.

In 1795, Angelique seemed a lot more like a village hedge witch initially.  I think there was dialogue that indicated that her initial spell on Barnabas was her first attempt at operative Magick.  Subsequently, they made her more supernatural, and had her receiving magic powers as a result of signing her soul to Satan, as was the belief most extensively documented in the Malleus Maleficarum, the infamous "Hammer of Witches."  I prefered it when the character got her powers from her own knowledge of herbs and energies, not to mention her own formidable personal moxie!

G.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 05:28:48 PM »
I agree Gothic.  Angelique PT is a "witch in-the -making".  Her stepfather,Tim Stokes, alot more than Angelique will ever know.  I think he showed her this 'Magick' because he "loved' her.  He also at one time, showed her twin, Alexis, but it was a no show.  What ever she (Angelique) 'wanted' at that time she did it....and everybody else..well screw you.

Angelique 1795 was perfect.    She knew what she wanted and went in there and got it.  I love Angelique 1795.  She's just great. 
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 03:43:53 PM »
If you've never seen it, you might enjoy watching a 1962 film, Burn Witch Burn! also distributed under the original British title Night of the Eagle (sounds like a Nazi war movie doesn't it?) with fabulous Peter Wyngarde, Janet Blair and Margaret Johnston (divine actress).  I am not sure that any of the PT Angelique plot was a direct copy of the story of that movie, but there are definitely some similarities.  I believe there was finally an official VHS or DVD release a few years ago but I'm not sure; my copy is from the Laserdisc.

G.