Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0774  (Read 3216 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0774
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 07:21:12 PM »
Thanks for the PM, ProfStokes.   There's a muscular balance and probably chemical ones that can be thrown off if you interfere with the mechanism of the eye.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 01:49:55 AM »
Went with the Wind?

Speaking of too-lively dying people, it always bugs me when somebody who's being strangled on DS manages to release a bloodcurdling scream.  Where does the air for that come from?  [ghost_rolleyes]

It MIGHT have been Went with the Wind, but I keep thinking it was some other movie, perhaps even the infamous Camille.

Excellent point on the screaming -- and in some cases, holding conversations. How DOES one do that if there isn't enough air to even breathe.  [ghost_blink]. At least with Jenny they spared us that insult to the intelligence.  

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »
I think it was a take-off on Camille. But I recall that Went with the Wind was also quite funny! [ghost_cheesy]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass][hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 12:38:09 AM »
I'll bet Dan Curtis was in hog heaven over this episode.
alwaysdavid, that is the perfect commentary on this episode.

DS made her demise look much more pleasant that it would actually be.
That statement troubles me unreasonably.  I think if it were about a blooper, I would accept it, but since it is about something that was deliberately done on the show, I can't.  In the Dark Shadows universe, Mrs. Trask died in the way we saw her died.  If she didn't, the whole thing falls down like a house of cards.  But I wish to reserve the right to retract this statement of mine at any time in the future, because I suspect it may be wrong.

And Judith gets chomped.  Futile, I know, but before he bared the fangs I kept hoping she'd grab something off the mantle and bop him with it and run.  One would think she has a coachman outside within screaming range for her to run to.
Yeah, I was thinking how strong and courageous she was when she was scolding Dirk, and then she went all wimpy and started begging.  Sad.