Author Topic: Johnny Depp Debuts Bleached Hair! Honors Christopher Lee.  (Read 825 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: Johnny Depp Debuts Bleached Hair! Honors Christopher Lee.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
I was out of town when this news hit, and the blond hair was a bit of a shock to come home to!  [hall2_grin]  (Even though Depp's been blonde for a few roles before).  We believe this is the look for his new movie Mortdecai, which is officially starting to film today.  I was SO happy to hear that he was there to honor Lee (not to mention how thrilled I was that they awarded Lee, though it certainly seems WAY overdue!!)  Besides working together in Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and DS, Lee was also originally going to be in Sweeney Todd, as a "ghost". They even had him on the original cast list in an ad they ran on the first day of production, but sadly, the idea of the ghosts (basically, narrators) was cut out :(   I was so glad he got to be in DS, albeit in a small role- the guy is such a legend!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 01:26:17 AM »
I hadn't heard about Christopher Lee being honored; YEAH CHRISTOPHER LEE!!!

My immediate reaction while page was still loading was that I was flashedback 25ish years to "21 Jump Street". I don't remember if Depp had blonde hair on that series; a person tends to have lighter shades of hair when they are younger.

I don't believe I saw what the BFI Award is for...??

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:40:08 PM »
After seeing Johnny Depp with that platinum blonde look, now I now how both "Dark Shadows'" own self-absorbed Aristede and "Leave it to Beaver's" own inimitable Eddie Haskell would look with the hip-and-with-it Scarlett Johanson coiffure. [hall_cool]

Incidentally, it truly is remarkable that the great Sir Christopher Lee is still going strong as an actor in his nineties! [128]

I remember reading in Patrick MacNee's autobiography that he and Sir Christopher were friends and schoolmates as young boys in England.

As to the recent "Dark Shadows" film, Sir Christopher, being made up as that rather hoary appearing sea captain,  made the original "Dark Shadows" Ezra Braithwaite look like Justin Bieber, by comparison. [hall_shocked] [hall_grin] 

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
imashamed
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »
I canNOT believe that I did not recognize Christopher Lee as the captain in 'Blue Whale'.

It wasn't until BtB's last post (above) that the proverbial lightbulb when off & I IMDbed the 2012 DS movie & saw Christopher Lee's name mentioned!

i'm so ashamed...

Patti, who needs a dunce cap
What a Woman!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 02:52:43 AM »
Hey, Patti,

Don't feel bad; with all of that makeup and that grey wig and beard, it could very well have been King Johnny Romano or even Lyle Lovett in that Blue Whale bar scene with Johnny Depp.
 [hall_shocked] [hall_grin] [hall_wink]

Bob 

PS Lookalikes: renowned film character actress Mildred Natwick and Dark Shadows' own renowned stage and television character actress, Clarice "Mrs. Sarah Johnson" Blackburn.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »
Never thought of that comparison before Bob - but I see it.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 05:43:04 PM »
BFI = British Film Institute.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »
It has always been our policy that personal information about the actors' lives that exists in a published source or has been documented during a personal appearance is acceptable, but the Forums do not recognize word of mouth as a source of information.  From the Forum Guidelines:

These boards are not forums for the spreading of gossip or innuendo, or the defaming of the DS actors' private lives. Comment on their public behavior, whether it be a personal appearance or in the course of some other form of public exposure (i.e. a talk show, Fest appearance, etc.) is perfectly acceptable, however.