Author Topic: E-mail all over the place!!!....  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
E-mail all over the place!!!....
« on: February 26, 2003, 02:52:42 PM »
I just checked the e-mail addy I use just for here and discovered that the last 4 e-mails I had on HERE are also appearing THERE.....and that's not normal!

Anyone else getting multiple e-mails?

Anyone care to explain it?

Ignore me if this has already been explained somewhere on the forum...haven't looked at it yet this morning!

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:E-mail all over the place!!!....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2003, 03:31:55 PM »
Hi rainey,

You can stop the e-mails by clicking the preferences icon (tool bar - upper right) in your IM mailbox and choosing the "NO" option in the dropdown menu located right of NOTIFY BY E-MAIL. Then click the SAVE PREFERENCES.

dom

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 04:11:03 PM »
Thanks Paisano,....I did that....and will assume that solves the problem.

Can you explain how it suddenly happened that a YES was in place and those e-mail notifications began yesterday?  Oh, wait....let me guess.  The Tinkerer was at it again and this was the net result!  ::) .......When in doubt, blame MB!

Can you also explain why there's something listed on the Ignorelist....when I've never tried to 'ignore' anyone on here?  Wouldn't have known how to do it if I HAD wanted to!  ???

raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 05:44:43 PM »
Il(?) mia amica Siciliana,

I can only guess. These are probably all default settings that changed when the Forum was moved to where it is now and converted to this format.

Domenico (Who doesn't know all the correct technical terms in English or Italian. ;D )

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 07:54:52 PM »
I can only guess. These are probably all default settings that changed when the Forum was moved to where it is now and converted to this format.

That's exactly it, Dom - you're getting to be really good at explaining these things. ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 08:41:26 PM »
Pfffttt!  I think you guys make this stuff up as you go along.  If it's just default settings why did it just begin to happen YESTERDAY?  I think I hear the sound of screwdrivers and pliers tinkering around in here.

raineypark
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 08:51:53 PM »
Pfffttt!  I think you guys make this stuff up as you go along.  If it's just default settings why did it just begin to happen YESTERDAY?

That has me puzzled too because you should have received e-mail copies of ALL the IMs that have been sent to you since the 18th. :-

I think I hear the sound of screwdrivers and pliers tinkering around in here.

I think you know me well enough by now to know that if it had been because of something I'd done recently, I'd own up to it (I did as much the other day after I'd caused an error Saturday night while trying to install a new mod - and I haven't tried another one since ;)). But it really is a case that those are the default settings. Honest. :)