Author Topic: REMEMBERING JONATHAN FRID book  (Read 582 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
REMEMBERING JONATHAN FRID book
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
Helen Samaras and I are in the process of putting together a book entitled REMEMBERING JONATHAN FRID, a collection of articles written by those who have worked and/or known Jonathan.  Many of these articles will be written by individuals not previously heard from in DS fandom including members of Jonathan's family, previous assistants dating back to the days of Dark Shadows, and theater colleagues.  Several DS fans who worked extensively with Jonathan at the festivals for decades will also be contributing.  This book is a look at who Jonathan was as a person and will contain many stories and observations about him, much as he enjoyed sharing stories and observations about others.  This isn't meant to be a book about a saint - contributors will be writing about Jonathan's personality, life and work thus providing a 3D view of the man. 

The book will be published in the Fall, 2013 and the cost $30.00 including shipping.  It is expected to be at least 100 pages and contain black and white photographs, several never-before-published photos as well.

It will be available for sale online at that point.  We are now taking PRE-ORDERS for this book at the special price of $20.00 until July 5th.  You can send your $20.00 payment to Helen Samaras at skippy1253@aol.com or send a check and money order to her at:  541 Birch Street, West Hempstead, NY 11552.  Portions of the proceeds will be donated to the John H. Frid Fund/Hamilton Community Foundation in Canada. 

Please message me if you have any questions or email me at nckersey@gmail.com.  Thanks!