Author Topic: 1897 Original Ending  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
1897 Original Ending
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
I have posted this on the Dark Shadows Episode Discussion Facebook DS page, I was wondering what any of you think:

[spoiler]Without Barnabas in 1897, I don't think Beth shot and killed Quentin due to jealousy over another woman. I think Edward and Judith eventually discovered he was a werewolf and that Quentin ended up killing Beth as a werewolf whereby Edward or Judith shot him with a silver bullet and Quentin dies on the chair in his room.  Edward and Judith, in order to cover for the Collins family name, decide to wall him up in the room and tell people he went to live in France.[/spoiler]

IMHO, this is logical for how David & Amy found him and David stating they would give Quentin the burial his family refused hi.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: 1897 Original Ending
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 01:31:22 AM »
So much of this makes sense and is close to what I had envisioned in the unchanged (non-Barnabas) past.  I had some differences.  Rachel Drummond, of course, would not have died.  She would've remained on as the governess to Jamison and Nora.  I also believed that Quentin's siblings (meaning Judith and Edward - Carl was sent away by Judith) either killed him and blocked his body up, or, with (or maybe without) Quentin's cooperation, blocked him up and left him a gun with one silver bullet.  Beth committed suicide (like the governess and companion of Quint in The Turn of the Screw).  Of course, that leaves some unfinished business, such as Laura returning, Magda trying to find a cure when she found out she, well, shot herself in the foot regarding Crazy Jenny's children (and what about Crazy Jenny? - I figured she just expired sadly and in loneliness locked away) and would there ever had been a Petofi?  Regarding Laura, maybe Edward and Judith found a way to stop her (as she was stopped in modern time without the help of Barnabas).  As for Magda trying to repair things, maybe big bro and sis "took care of the problem" before she could do anything and she and Sandor moved on looking for another wealthy family to dupe.

Gerard

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:41:56 AM »
Quentin killing Jenny and being cursed by Magda for it happened as Magda's ghost said through Carolyn at the seance regarding her "curse".

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:05:39 AM »
I forgot all about Quentin killing Jenny!  You're right.  If he hadn't done that, Magda wouldn't've cursed him.  Well, unless he was for spilling tea on Magda's dress.  You know how hard it was back then to dry-clean multi-colored clothing.

Gerard

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 02:33:22 PM »
If there was no Petofi, there wouldn't be a hand OR a portrait.

What would have happened in the Minerva-Gregory-Judith business? Judith couldn't very well [spoiler]wall up both Quentin and Gregory! Or could she?[/spoiler]  [ghost_cheesy]

Also, with Trask on the scene, Rachel and Tim would have remained in debt slavery to him indefinitely. He would have made sure of that.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
I guess after walling up Quentin, doing the same to Gregory wasn't that difficult lol!  She probably walled him up in another room in that wing.  Imagine David and Amy finding that room instead!

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
No Barnabas means no Angelique which means no Quentin as zombie. Therefore, the Trasks would have arrived at Collinwood by other means. If they came at all.
Who would have saved Nora and Jamison from Laura? I like the idea of Edward and Judith begging Magda for help. Magda would have made them squirm and grovel, before eventually agreeing to help because she knew what it was like to have someone taken abruptly. But she would make it clear that she still despised Edward and Judith.
The werewolf story would likely have played out the same way. But I think that Beth would have killed Quentin and then killed herself over another woman. Perhaps Amanda Harris?
Kitty Soames would have still come to Collinwood but her Josette memories would not have surfaced. She would likely have married Edward but everyone would be confused by her resemblance to Rachel Drummond.
Fade Away and Radiate

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 05:20:36 PM »
Also, no Barnabas means no vampire Dirk. Dirk would probably still gone crazy after Laura's defeat but the family would have had an easier time subduing him and sending him to the 1897 equivalent of Windcliff. Or they may simply have locked him away in the tower room with a Laura doll to keep him company.
Carl wouldn't have died. Pansy either. Edward & Judith couldn't prevent the marriage but may tried to minimize contact with them by giving them Rose Cottage.
Petofi would likely still be around but his goals might be different. There would be no reason for him to be obsessed with traveling to the future.
If Pansy isn't dead, then who, if anyone, possessed Charity Trask? Would her knowledge of Quentin's curse have brought him to an early end?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 05:53:27 PM »
Even without Barn, I suppose Quentin still would have summoned Angelique to help get rid of his troublesome sister-in-law.

I do like the idea of crazy Dirk with a little Laura doll for company! Maybe David and Amy would have found his skeleton instead of Quentin's or Trask's!