Author Topic: ....and today's computer question...  (Read 783 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
....and today's computer question...
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:58:55 AM »
I'm hoping to start a new job; where I can be customer care from my home.

Time to update laptop and MS Office.

First, I'm glad I never bothered to update to Windows 10; I've been reading that it constantly wants to update (which is normal), but it takes up so much space, people are having to uninstall stuff, to bare bones.

So, I'm looking at Asus with Chrome as the OS.

Here's my question: can I use Microsoft Office with a Chrome OS?

(That's another thing...for Office 2016, be aware...they have a 365 version, which is an annual renewal; they're still listing Office 2010, which I had bought in 2010, for my college course.)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: ....and today's computer question...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Talked to Google re OS; no, you can't download Office.

You can use it online, but, with bad internet, I can't depend on it, so, I'll have to buy another Windows OS; I will only buy one running 8.1/8.

Booh,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: ....and today's computer question...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 03:52:38 AM »
A few weeks ago at work, a nice gentleman gave me what my daughter told me was a power-pack.

The paperwork (it's small, slightly larger than a tube of lipstick), said to fully charge, fully drain, and repeat.

The first time it took almost 6 hours to fully charge.

I kept charging my PVs on it; give or take, it would charge for 4-6 hours. There was no noise or anything once it was 'dead'; I would just look and the green charging wasn't on.

Recharged (this time only about 2-3 hours), same with discharging.

Well, my laptop was lowish, so I decided to see if the power-pack could charge it.

As SOON as I put the USB side onto my laptop, the power-pack went all red (no charge).

I put power pack to charge, took about an hour (again, I had fully charged it about a week ago & not used it at all), and again, tried to charge my laptop, no go.

I was just looking at Amazon & Walmart, with ONE exception, they mention charging phones, i-phones & tablets. There was only one that mentioned laptop charging, and it wasn't cheap.

Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong? It's again charging my PVs w/no problem.

Patti
What a Woman!