Author Topic: Archived topics - don't show new??  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Archived topics - don't show new??
« on: August 01, 2004, 03:49:58 AM »
It was surprising to come back tonight and find only one new post - one in Testing.  Then, I looked at the 5 most recent and saw several others listed.  It turned out they were all in Current Topic X - but shouldn't the main Current Topic heading still have a new indicator if anything within it is new?  If there had been more than 5 recent posts in Testing, CE/A, etc., I never would have realized that there was someting new under Current Topics.
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Archived topics - don't show new??
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 05:17:00 AM »
but shouldn't the main Current Topic heading still have a new indicator if anything within it is new?

The indicator next to Current Talk on the home page doesn't change for me either for new posts on its archived boards.  However...

If there had been more than 5 recent posts in Testing, CE/A, etc., I never would have realized that there was someting new under Current Topics.

The indicator next to the archived board that contains the unread posts would be blue the next time you open Current Talk and would remain that way until you either read them or selected "mark as read".

In addition to showing up when when viewing "the 10 most recent posts on the forum," unread posts in archived topics also come up if you select "show unread posts since last visit" in the horizontal menu.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Archived topics - don't show new??
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 09:33:36 PM »
but shouldn't the main Current Topic heading still have a new indicator if anything within it is new?

The indicator next to Current Talk on the home page doesn't change for me either for new posts on its archived boards.

I might be wrong, but I *think* one of the features of this new system is that the name of a child board is highlighted on the BoardIndex if it has a new topic/post. It might be hard to tell that, though, because the regular color and the highlighted color are so similar. I should probably do something about that one of these days...