Author Topic: Any news/gossip from Burbank yet?  (Read 8699 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Re: Any news/gossip from Burbank yet?
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »
It's interesting how a 3 minute video of a 90 minute talk can be blown out of portion.  It's happened twice now, once with JF and now David's time.  All I can do is view these videos of the DS fest with enjoyment and entertainment but not think of it as the entire time.  I can't believe that the entire 90 minutes of David's time was spend on this one thing, no more than JF talking about Grayson.  OH wouldn't that have been fun!?  I appreciate Midnite's post about what happened and anyone else who might have been there.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 02:59:56 AM »
What did Prof.Stokes do this year in the gala? I saw something mentioned a few post back and cannot find the answer. Also is the gala on youtube?

Hi, Teresalita

I dressed as Angelique and sang a parody of The Searchers' "Needles and Pins," complete with a Play-Doh voodoo doll and pin cushion. victoriawinters may be putting up a video of her performance ("I Could Have Bled All Night" to the tune of "I Could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady) and mine sometime later this week.

We missed you at the Fest this year too. :(

ProfStokes

Offline bananabry

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
May I say, without reservation, that ProfStokes' filk was amazing.  And very funny.  I don't know the "real" song, but, please: "needles and pins-zah?"  Priceless.

That little, pink golem was precious.  (Almost as precious as ProfStokes herself).
 [angel7]

Offline bananabry

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2008, 10:14:54 AM »

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »
Cute photo ladies! I know the song Needles and Pins very well by the Searchers. One of my favorites. I believe that Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty have a version of it too. I am sure the performance was awesome as usual! Cute costume too!
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2008, 05:18:04 AM »
the thing I'd dislike the most, though, is being subjected to rap, and rap by a white guy, who thinks it's an appropriate thing to do just because the candidate's black.

I'm sure it's hard to take in bits and pieces of discussion and have them make sense, but Selby's rap had nothing to do with Obama.  The scene was taken from Selby's book, "Lincoln's Better Angel," and was of Lincoln and the book's main character watching the performance of a black choir member who was rapping "The Gettysburg Address."  Selby's point was that words NEED to be SPOKEN, not just read, and the young man in the book was doing just that.

If you're interested in the book, Pansity just posted a review in a separate thread.

I'd go find it now, but my computer would probably crash.

Judy
[9366]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2008, 06:09:42 AM »
I thought people were particularly hard on David .  I admit I jumped to conclusion's about JF's comments toward GH, however his comments seemed to have been cleared up faster than DS.  I have ask several different sources and I hear the same thing from every source.  JF didn't mean anything bad and neither did DS.  We should all revel in the fact that their AMAZING reputations remain in tack!! [Wolfie] [blackbat]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/