Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0351  (Read 1322 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0351
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0351
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 01:23:23 AM »
Very good show. I loved it in black and white. Made it seem more errie. They must have used the last part of the day before. Wouldn't want to put Jonathan thru all that make up again.

Barnabas was soo evil.  They used the same carpet they used for the sceen in 1795 tword the end.  They made us wait  very long to see what happened to Barn.

Did you notice how Carolyn went from a white dress to a black dress is that symbolisum or what.  Nancy did a very good robot walk.  Poor Julia now having to fight for a place in Barnabas' life.  The shows just get better and better.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »
Who carried Carolyn up two flights of stairs to Josette's room?  I can't see Julia doing it, and apparently Barnabas was busy with his recovery.  So who did it?

Somewhere in this Forum there is a discussion of the changes that being bit by a vampire caused in various personalities.  For some reason the question didn't interest me much when I came across it, so I don't remember much about it, but right now I find it interesting that Carolyn is ready to assist Barnabas in any crazy and/or villainous scheme he dreams up, while Willie suddenly developed a conscience when Barnabas bit him.  I don't think it's a case of the inner self being released, and I haven't come up with any good ideas on the subject.

What happened to the toy soldier that Carolyn left on the table in the foyer?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 03:39:02 PM »
What happened to the toy soldier that Carolyn left on the table in the foyer?

Mrs. Johnson got fed up that too many people were just leaving it around the house, so she tossed it in the junk.  ;D

But seriously, do we ever see it again? I can't recall it turning up again in the present. So, I might be more right about Mrs. Johnson than I realize.  :D

On a completely different note, whenever I see the kinescope version of Barn attacking Carolyn, I'm always reminded of Frid's July '68 appearance on The Mike Douglas Show because they showed a kinescope of that sequence. It was a huge thrill to see it again because back then we had no idea that DS would ever show up again in syndication or that anything like VHS and DVD would be coming along or that DS would ever come out on them, allowing us to have our own copies of every episode.  ;)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 06:15:33 PM »
Vampire victims seem to have their own individual vampire victim personalities.    A stronger will may be harder to control.    PT Carolyn was still more under Will's influence than Barnabas's, though.    The inconsistencies in PT just keep piling up as I watch it again, though, even within the same episode.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:42:20 PM »
Wouldn't itt have taken quite a bit of time for the makeup artists to remove Jonathan Frid's makeup? It doesn't seem like very much time passed between when he bit Carolyn, to the time when he reappeared.

Mrs. Johnson got fed up that too many people were just leaving it around the house, so she tossed it in the junk.  ;D

What? That was a priceless antique!  :o LOL!

Do you think if Carolyn would have had the soldier with her, and showed it to Barnabas, he might not have bitten her? Obviously Sarah thought it would protect David, so wouldn't it do the same for Carolyn?
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »
What? That was a priceless antique!
I vaguely remember seeing that toy soldier in the antique shop later on.  Or was it something else that I saw?  Going wholeheartedly off-topic...the set people must have had fun filling up that antique shop.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 08:58:27 AM »
I noticed the soldier(s) in the antique shop, recently.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 04:43:31 AM »
Poor Julia - she sure wanted to be in Carolyn's place on the bed! [cryg] I think TPTB would have been forced to use the  footage from the end of the previous show for the opening sequence, because it would have taken too long to take off JF's makeup. [ideag] I loved the buildup when Barnabas was walking into the room! [shkdg] I think Julia must have carried Carolyn up the stairs. [winkg]

Once again, I feel sorry for Julia, because Barnabas doesn't want her to carry on the experiments anymore, and just needs her to protect him during the day. [sadg] I agree with Robin, it was great when Julia told him she wasn't applying for a job as a maid! You go, girl! [cheer]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]