Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0507  (Read 1416 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0507
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0507
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »
So Carolyn manages to wake herself up in mid-Dream because Willie hadn't told her the whole Dream.  I admire the writers for milking this storyline for all it's worth.

I don't accept Stokes's logic about who gets the Dream.  Barnabas was still anticipating the Experiment when Mrs. Johnson appeared in Julia's dream, and then, if I remember correctly, Mrs. Johnson had the Dream after Adam came to life.  Does this mean that the Dream can tell ahead of time when Barnabas is going to be stressed out and when he won't be?  If so, the Dream could conceivably be put to use in predicting the future.

What was involved in the hypnotizing of Carolyn?  Julia hypnotized Willie, but was unable to make him forget the Dream.  Stokes hypnotized Carolyn - or something - and was able to change her Dream.  There had to be something more than mere hypnosis involved - but what?  Thayer David was very impressive; I believed Stokes was able to do what he did, where, with a lesser actor, I would have said, "Yeah, right."

Nancy Barrett did an admirable job on the Dream, and all that screaming must have given her a sore throat, but I say Willie was a better Dreamer.  And Thayer David, as Beckoner, had a odd but masterful Beckon.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »
I was very impressed about how easily Prof. Stokes was able to put Carolyn into a trance, and also how quickly he was able to fall asleep! [ghost_wink] He simply closed his eyes at will, and was fast asleep! [ghost_closedeyes]

I think so far, Willie was the most frightened and the best dreamer. [shkdg] Carolyn was a close second. [clap2] However, I totally believe that she was the best woman dreamer! [milestone]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 01:03:15 AM »
.... and also how quickly he was able to fall asleep! [ghost_wink] He simply closed his eyes at will, and was fast asleep! [ghost_closedeyes]

I'd sell my soul to Diabolos if I could do that.   (---poof--- from stage left)   Funny, he's here right now....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:14:58 AM »
Magnus, you crack me up!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
Magnus, you crack me up!  [ghost_cheesy]

You're not here much anymore.  What gives?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »
Midnite is always here. She just likes to lurk incognito to make it seem that she might not be around. Should you expect anything less of the forum's own Iron Bitch?  [zoom]

MB aka Iron Bastard  [diablo]

(We haven't used those titles in quite a while. Perhaps it's time to revive them.  [b003])

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 05:08:08 AM »
I realize that the writers got themselves into an inadvertent connundrum with the picture of Josette, but it is kind of ridiculous when Prof. Stokes asks Julia who the picture looks like and she responds with "Maggie Evans," when clearly the woman doesn't look a thing like Maggie. 

Otherwise, a very cool episode.  That Stokes is one take-charge guy!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 03:35:57 AM »
I agree that the portrait doesn't look a thing like Maggie, though we are supposed to believe that it does. I guess it's just one of those things that we just got to shrug off and say "okay, whatever". [ghost_rolleyes]