Author Topic: 2004 WB pilot / Fest questions  (Read 480 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
2004 WB pilot / Fest questions
« on: July 07, 2016, 04:31:41 AM »
I wonder how many 'lite' fans knew there was a 2004 attempt at a re-do.

I know people have mentioned in Fests of past how they'd air it; I've yet to see it.

Let me see if I can remember who was slated/stared: Matt Chrunchy (I know the spelling is wrong), Blair Brown, um....um....

When is the last time, at a Fest (and it doesn't have to only be a one of the annual east coast/west coast Fests) that the 2004 WB pilot has been shown? Again, wondering how many 'lite' fans knew/know about it....

Patti

PS, I say this, because, if I'm not mistaken, there's a least one Florida Fest every so often. (I'm wondering how I remember or know this....)
What a Woman!

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 WB pilot / Fest questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
I think we all knew that was a remake/reboot or what they call it now. Julia was played by Asian actress Kelly Hu. Carolyn was played by Jessica Chastain. It was one of her first parts. She has since won an Oscar for Best Actress.
The pilot has been shown before, on both coasts, though not in recent years
There is a pretty active Florida DS fan club but there has never been a DS festival in Florida. They are usually held in southern California and the New York/New Jersey area. There were one time only events in Dallas (1980's) and Las Vegas (1990's). They were not as successful as the other events in terms of attendance.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 WB pilot / Fest questions
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:30:36 PM »
The pilot was shown at this year's fest. I don't recall for sure whether it was Sat or Fri. It was in a block that was left open, some kind of video surprise. Jim joked that it was part of the "Lost and Found series they did this year despite the fact that it was never lost or found.