Author Topic: Christmas festivals in Collinsport  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas festivals in Collinsport
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2005, 05:37:20 PM »
I also thought Mr. Curtis's comment on his never having known Vicki's history was quite interesting in light of all the speculations we've had online.  I never knew he had said this.

In recent years DC has said many things that, well, don't exactly jibe with the facts as they actually happened (i.e. his confusing the time frames that Grayson and Sam Hall were hired on DS - and let's not even get into some of his commentary on the Burnt Offerings DVD (suffice it to say that it's pretty bad when your star has to correct you  :o)). So, much of what he's said recently can no longer be accepted as gospel - particularly in light of what was originally known/published back in the day...

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2005, 07:11:30 AM »
Nickolas Blair and Angelique  or Count Pataffi Kidnap Santa. Maybe not Pataffi sice Thiyer David would proably be the one playing Santa.
Dan

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2006, 11:52:01 PM »
The only other Christmas reference I remember that made it on air is that at the end of one of the episodes (I just saw this on one of my tapes), I think just before the arrival of Laura (the Phoenix) in Collinsport, during the closing credits the announcer says something to the effect that "The producers and staff of Dark Shadows wish you and your family a very happy holiday season."

What episode number was this?

Sorry this is a bit late and not quite so interesting now that the holidays are over (unless you're an Orthodox Christian perhaps).

I believe it was episode #126.  [spoiler]Burke and Roger rescue Vicki at the Old House where she has been held captive by Matthew Morgan.  Matthew was about to kill Vicki when ghosts called him from the hiding place behind the bookcase to the parlour.[/spoiler]
At the very end of the credits, the announcer says:

"On behalf of our sponsors, we would like to wish you a very happy holiday season.  Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis production."

[ChristmaS0]
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995