Author Topic: Spoiler icons?  (Read 715 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Spoiler icons?
« on: February 25, 2003, 04:35:47 PM »
Are these no more?

Also a question regarding them--I've seen some boards where there's a code like [spoiler]and[/spoiler] which blanks out the text unless you drag your mouse over it. That way no wasted lines and no chance of people reading the spoilers unless they really want to. Any chance of some feature like that?
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Spoiler icons?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 05:22:30 PM »
Are these no more?

I haven't had the chance to figure out how to add back the icons that I'd added to the SP forum, Luciaphil. :(

Also a question regarding them--I've seen some boards where there's a code like [spoiler]and[/spoiler] which blanks out the text unless you drag your mouse over it. That way no wasted lines and no chance of people reading the spoilers unless they really want to. Any chance of some feature like that?

There was a mod like that for the SP forum, but considering that so few people were using the spoiler icon I wondered whether or not people would use it here.

When I was checking the other day, I didn't come across a [spoiler][/spoiler] mod for SE, but I can definitely try to see if I could adapt the SP version. :) I agree that if people could get in the habit of using it, it would be a much better alternative...