Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1204  (Read 764 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1204
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1204
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 04:35:59 AM »
I thought Stella was dead already.  Things are looking up for her.  She's less dead.   Nice of Stella to refer to him as "Mr. Justin Collins", still.

Melanie, here's five thousand dollars we happened to have ready, for a job well done.  Never mind what it's for. 

Melanie at Door: "LET ME IN!!!!"   The third individual to pound on a significant door and yell that: first Barnabas in 1970, then RT Gabriel, now Melanie.   "I want to be with you!!" she screams.  How many imagined her singing those words to a certain tune?   How many crazy Nancy Barretts have there been now?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »
What a glorious ending to the episode!  They gave Nancy Barrett a nice solid door to pound on, too.  I guess it was the not-Melanie that was pounding on the door - but how can we be sure right now?  Melanie had just been given an awful shock.

Oh, how I love the scenes between Julia and Flora.  They've been dealing with the Room and its consequences longer than anybody else in the house, and you can feel it.

And I love the excuse for not having Chris Pennock in the episode.  Typical Gabriel!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
Yah, scary ending! I always thought it was real Melanie remembering the time she got into the Locked Room and found Justin.

So now Quentin was in jail for seven years--wasn't it five before??

Poor Flora and Julia--they thought they were solving a problem by locking Stella up, but it seems they've only made things worse. It was sort of strange to hear Stella refer to "Mr. Justin Collins" as her attacker, but with three other Mister Collinses in the house and another one living in the Old House down the hill, I guess she had to make it clear. Always nice to see Flora in full Mistress of Collinwood mode!

Quentin continues in detached mode as he tries to analyze the whole lottery-Locked Room problem. At least he's finally explained Melanie's attacks to her--apparently the first person to do so.

Morgan and Quentin may not want women in the lottery, but the ghost certainly does.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
I always thought it was real Melanie remembering the time she got into the Locked Room and found Justin.

And I've always thought it was the entity that possessed Melanie who was begging to be let back in.  [ghost_wink]

So now Quentin was in jail for seven years--wasn't it five before??

In Ep #1195 he said he was away for seven years.  [ghost_smiley]