Author Topic: Diana (Millay) & Dracula!!  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
Diana (Millay) & Dracula!!
« on: June 30, 2003, 01:40:20 PM »
Hi All,

A couple weeks back I received a phone call from our favorite Phoenix[sun] informing me she was organizing a trip to Romania, and would like to take between 15-30 people with her.  Initially, Diana had planned to take this trip in the spring of 2003, but due to the war in Iraq she put it on hold. Now, she once again would like to invite those who are interested, to join her in a trip to Dracula's homeland. The trip is being planned for October 27th -November 4th, and will originate out of New York's JFK Airport. I've transcribed a tentative itinerary below. (Copied from a sketchy FAX, so please forgive any misspelled words. :) ) For further information contact Diana at this e-mail address... ROMANIANTRIP@aol.com

Dracula: Myth & History
Day 1. Arrive in Bucharest, capital of Romania, first mentioned by this name in a document signed by Prince Vlad Dracula himself, and dated the 20th of September 1459. Your motor-coach will take you to Sinaia, in the Carpathian mountain. Transfer, Dinner, Accommodations at the Sinaia Hotel. ***

Day 2.  A morning visit of the royal summer residence, Peles Palace, is a treat. Visit Dracula's Castle in Bean Village. Observe the construction of the houses in the village; notice the mysterious gates. YOU ARE NOW IN TRANSLLVANIA. A tour of the Old Brasov will reveal the intriguing architecture of this medieval citadel. Feel the frenzy of the local Farmers' Marketplace. You are en route to Sighisoara, considered to be the best preserved medieval town in Europe. Spend the night inside the fortified town of medieval Sighisoara. BD Accommodations at the Sighisoara Hotel. ***

Day 3. Visit the intriguing Clock Tower. Hear tales about punishments at the stake, and even view actual torture instruments on display in the Square History Museum. Don not skip the Torture Room. Get ready for the road. Remember Jonathan Harker diary notes on the way to Bistritea. You are expected for an (almost) ritual lunch at the Golden Crown Restaurant. The coach will bring all of you to the Borgo Pass to meet your unearthly host at the Dracula Castle Hotel. ENTER FREELY OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL IN TO THE VAMPIRES VAULT! BLD Accommodations at the Dracula's Castle Hotel. ***

Day 4. After breakfast drive to Sibiu. If you like souvenirs, enjoy your shopping chance in the Chendu Village. After a city tour of Sibiu drive to Sibiel Village for a glimpse at the Museum of Glass Icons. For dinner, have a taste of the traditional home cooking. BD Accommodations at the Impararul Romanilor Hotel. ***

Day 5. After breakfast, cross the Carpathians back into Walachia. Prepare to climb the steps of Poienari Fortress, now on ruins. Here, the traitor landlords worked to their deaths. Interrupt your scenic drive through Walachia at the Conia Monastery, the resting place of Mircca the Elder, Vlad's grandfather. Wrap up your day with a traditional Romanian dinner with folk show, by the lake in Bucharest. BD Accommodations at the Lido Hotel. ***

Day 6. The extensive tour of Bucharest will reveal to you the Old Princely Court, the Village Museum, and the House of Parliament. (which is the largest building in the world after the Pentagon) After a boat ride to the mysterious island of Snagov Lake, bow to the alleged gravesite of Vlad the Impaler. The empty tomb is still an enigma.......BD Accommodations at the Lido Hotel. ***

Day 7. Breakfast. Morning transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Diana (Millay) & Dracula!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 05:29:25 PM »
Wow...that really sounds cool.

Bob...are you going?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 06:57:59 PM »
Wow...that really sounds cool.

Bob...are you going?

Patti

It certainly sounds like a very interesting trip, but as of right now my budget for vacations is going to be consumed by trips to NY for the Festival and Fla. for a trip to DisneyWorld. Now, if I were to win the lottery in the not so distant future, I am in for Romania.   ;D

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 12:38:03 PM »
Bob, if you win the lottery ~again~ I am still waiting for that gramophone.

n
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 01:09:31 AM »
Wow, this does sound great!!  I sure wish I could go!!! >:(

Deb

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 08:40:09 AM »
this is not a new idea from DIANA. she announced this trip several years ago at a festival. it never took place. i believe it was because not eneough fans expressed inteest or could afford it.

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 02:23:49 PM »
Hi All,

I spoke to Diana yesterday and she asked me to post an update on the trip. She still has app. 10 openings for those who are interesed in going on the trip to Romania. The cost is $875.00 for the land end of the trip, plus airfare from JFK, which is app. $400.00-$500.00. So overall the trip will cost Between $1300.00 and $1400.00. Not a bad price for a week in a foreign country. :) Here is a URL to the tour companies page. Note from the prices listed on the website that Diana has received a price nearly $200.00 less per person for the land excursion end of the trip.  :)

http://www.romtour.com/dracula_myth_&_history.htm

If the link doesn't work you may have to hand type it in to your browser. I'm not sure why it wont load, as I have retyped here exactly as it appears. :)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 03:41:03 PM »
The link in the post prior has been fixed. It will now load.

dom