Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0908  (Read 1077 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0908
« on: January 07, 2010, 11:41:37 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0908
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 07:36:59 AM »
I wish Maggie had asked Paul Stoddard what evidence he had for his wild accusations.  Granted, he has very little evidence that anybody is going to believe, but Maggie doesn't know that, and the question should have been asked.  And maybe it would have gotten Paul talking in a straight line.

David Jay doesn't do a bad job as Alexander.  I don't get an impression of any interior feelings the way I do with a good actor, but good actors that age are rare, and he does come across as solid and wilful.

Paul was very neatly nasty to Roger.  Not bad for somebody who's half off his rocker with worry.  Incidentally, I keep being surprised at how well Roger and Paul know each other.  Back in 1967, when Jason was around, Roger told Carolyn and Vicky that he didn't know much about Elizabeth's marriage because he was still at school.  But I suppose he came home for the wedding, and for holidays.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:17:27 PM »
JB and Frid get star billing, but KLS gets to tout a line of clothing from Junior Sophisticates Co. of NY.

I wish Maggie had asked Paul Stoddard what evidence he had for his wild accusations.  Granted, he has very little evidence that anybody is going to believe, but Maggie doesn't know that, and the question should have been asked.  And maybe it would have gotten Paul talking in a straight line.
I'm thinking that once Paul got to the part about Barnabas leading a plot against everybody in the house-- one that includes a little boy and those nice newcomers at the antique shop-- she'd pretty much decided that he was delusional.

I keep being surprised at how well Roger and Paul know each other.  Back in 1967, when Jason was around, Roger told Carolyn and Vicky that he didn't know much about Elizabeth's marriage because he was still at school.  But I suppose he came home for the wedding, and for holidays.
Your theory is supported by this scene in which Roger and Liz quarrel in private (lol) about selling the house:  
Don't tell me it's because of Paul, says Roger, because I know better than that. She whirls around to look at him. You know nothing at all! she proclaims. I know that this blissful marriage you were supposed to have had was not so blissful at all, says Roger cruelly. You know nothing of the sort, says Liz--you were away at school. Roger gives her a sickly grin--we had holidays from school, he says, I was home then, and saw enough to know I'm right
But it doesn't explain Paul's recollection in #900 that Roger was pouting on the night he (Paul) went away.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »
Genuinely scary, evil-looking face in close-up of Alexander... I don't necessarily put this down to acting ability though.   In childhood I seemed almost surrounded by kids who looked and came across like that.

David scolds ECS on letting Alex be harrassed by Paul Stoddard!   New pecking order, I guess!   And she's a Leviathan now apparently.

The rich kid finally gets a transistor radio!!  Neato!   Let's all buy some more of Roger's tuna, maybe David'll be able to get himself a record player too!

Alex uses his asthma to transform into.... tune in next week!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
Alexander speaks too much in a monotone voice for me to handle.  That is what bugs the life out of me!  UGH!

Alex obtaining pictures of Carolyn to look @ just creeps me beyond no end and I mean full fledged creeps my ass out! It's just wrong! 

KLS has brillant hazel eyes or so it looks on TV! 

Does anyone else watch DS in a Surround Sound System?  It really sounds great in my system even though its 2.0 mono and was filmed 40 yrs ago.  Kudos to MPI!

As a makeup artist I tend to notice well makeup.  I love how KLS is painted today. She used to paint WAY to drag queen heavy and she has toned down her makeup.  According to Lara and the DS Companion KLS did her own makeup! She did a good job! 

I like Maggie's outfit and especially the necklace! I always adored those 70's necklaces that hung down.  So cute! 

I thought Paul was staying in the blue room!??? Isn't he in Victoria's old room??  Wait...that is a different part of the house obviously since there is curtain in the hall way and no David's room across from Paul's!  What lied beyond this curtain??  And asthmatic snake I am sure!  :) LOL MAGNUS!  That still makes me laugh!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 12:59:55 AM »
Poor David...he gets a radio and has to fork it over to Alex because the little brat says so. I would have liked to have seen David put up more of a fight, Leviathan influence or not, I know Alex would still get his way in the end, but it would have been nice to see David demonstrate some of his own brattiness to someone who actually deserved it.

Roger looked like he was going to have a stroke when he saw Paul. I am surprised that Roger didn't give Elizabeth the "he goes or I go" ultimatum. After all, Elizabeth would surely choose her own brother over her deadbeat husband...oh, wait, she wouldn't since she needs him to stick around so Carolyn will stick around. But of course Roger couldn't now that...

Paul is only making himself look like a lunatic going after a little kid. His desperation to get people to believe him is only going to get him deeper into trouble. Would Maggie have started to believe he was not a stable man had she not witnessed David giving Alex the radio?