Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0277  (Read 1052 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0277
« on: April 17, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0277
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »
There is one thing that we can say about Barnabas is that he is persistant. Once he sets his mind on a goal he really goes for it. Does he only think that is going to be a couple weeks to convince Vickie to move to the Old House???

It was weird how Barnabas talks about the night and how the sun would burn his skin. When Vickie asked about if he likes the night when does he sleep? He says something like the fact that he makes time.

Now if I was a normal person this might make me think a lot about Barnabas.

About the party Liz doesn't feel like going to the party, could this have something to do with the widows, or just the fact that she doesn't want to pretend any more.

The study seems to keep moving around the house. I thought it was to left of the front door of Collinwood not in the area of the kitchen in the back of the house. 
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:42:36 PM »
I felt sorrier for Willie today than I did yesterday.  Today it really hit home that all possibility of Willie returning to his old life was irrevocably gone.  Even if Barnabas is destroyed, Willie is alone now.

Then Roger and Liz talked about Jason, and I started wondering: did Fate reach down to even the score?  Jason pretended to bury a body under the floor - but he didn't really do it, so it was only right that he himself should be buried under a floor.

And then we've got the party.  I didn't think much of the party when it actually happened, but right now, I'm completely in agreement with Roger: it sounds like great fun.  And Elizabeth was rude in refusing to go!  I myself am distinctly lacking in the social graces, but even I know that you don't just say "I don't feel like it" when you're invited to a party.  Elizabeth is acting more like Abigail than like Naomi.

Meanwhile, we've got Vicky looking pensive when she is told she is to be Josette, instead of happily planning to brush up on her French accent.  Gosh, what a morose crew the Collinwood folks are!

As for the study, there was an episode with Jason a while back that indicated that the way to the study was through the door to the kitchen, as it was today, but I know I've seen many episodes in which it was to the left of the front door of Collinwood, as lori54 says.  I wonder if the study, the Tower, and the Old House staircase ever bump into each other when they move around.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »
I started wondering: did Fate reach down to even the score?  Jason pretended to bury a body under the floor - but he didn't really do it, so it was only right that he himself should be buried under a floor.

Excellent observation.  [thumb]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 11:10:59 PM »
Liz felt awful.   Being invited to a party at a time such as that can make you feel like you're being hit in the gut, or that you're about to be.   Also.... does her prohibition against going out not extend to the Old House?

Jason ought to be pushed as far under the earth as our technology can manage, irony or not.    Yet someone rather peskilly (?) pointed out that Barney has no jackhammer to get him through the mausoleum floor.    He really should have good murder and disposal tools.

H
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 03:36:28 AM »
Felt sorry for Willie today. Despite the fact he and Jason had grown apart and Jason blackmailed him, then arm-twisted him, you could tell today he still cared for his old pal and was gonna miss him. But I think Willie would admit that Jason pretty much asked for it.

I am surprised that the sheriff never paid another visit on Willie after Jason supposedly leaving town. Everyone knew that Jason and Willie had been friends up to a point....didn't Sheriff Patterson ever suspect that Willie might have been in on it with Jason, blackmailing Elizabeth? Or at least knowing something about it?

Elizabeth's hesitation to go to the party was understandable, even with that heavy burden that has been lifted off of her shoulders it will take some time, if ever, for her to ever get over being a recluse. But I don't see why she should be reluctant to be going to the Old House.....she has been there before, after all. Leaving the estate was understandable difficult for her since she never set a foot off out of the property for 18 years, but the Old House was inside the estate. It doesn't make much sense for her not wanting to set foot in a piece of property she owned.

Good episode though.

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 06:29:42 AM »
Be sure to check out these (hopefully  ;)) humorous topics related to this episode:

From "Caption This!":
(none yet)

From "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s)":

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »
Poor Willie! [bawl] Now that Jason is dead, he really is alone.  He is stuck with Barnabas.  It's a good thing Barnabas is not as mean as he used to be. [cheesyg]

Barnabas doesn't want to give up his "Josette fantasy" - he needs to realize that she's gone, and he can't use another woman to recreate her.  At least he doesn't want to kidnap Vicki like he did Maggie.  He wants her to come to him, that's an improvement. [thumb]

It was nice to see Roger's brotherly love for Elizabeth.  She's going to go back to the office again! Hooray! [cheer]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 12:30:09 AM »
BC thinks Vicki is going to come to him willingly...as Josette.  What does that even mean?!    Got a Yaeger nose while composing a post.  Good and/or bad for me!     Anyhoo, BC=still nutty as a nutlog fashioned out of Mr. Peanut's closest relatives.    No rehabilitation thus far.   There's more depravity to come.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor