Author Topic: Bad manners  (Read 1100 times)

hooked

Bad manners
« on: June 05, 2002, 06:42:41 AM »
I dont appreciate Vlad scorning me for responding to his post (was there bad acting on DS). Nothing was said by me to recieve crap from this person.  If you can post a subject...then you can expect people to disagree with it.  I was only contributing to the post my own opinion and there is nothing wrong with that.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Bad manners
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 08:52:43 AM »
I dont appreciate Vlad scorning me for responding to his post (was there bad acting on DS). Nothing was said by me to recieve crap from this person.

First of all, thank you for taking this off the main discussion board.  That having been said, I have to warn you that you're most likely not going to like what I have to say here.

Vlad was reacting to these posts:

« Reply #22 on: Jun 2nd, 2002, 7:18am »
OK you guys try to remain calm here!  Some people like LIVER too, but what about it!  If we search the internet we can come up with a site for people who chat about liver and its virtues too...but I still say a nice hunk of my mothers lasagne thrown in a bowl looks and tastes a lot better than LIVER.  What I meant by why do we analyze it (and did not get a definitive response too) is what is the pont?  To make some negative determination that there was indeed bad acting on DS?  I am not in disagreement with that statement I just dont see the point.  We are here for a good time right? The show is over and done with and it has shaped and influenced our lives enough to come here so lets enjoy ourselves while we can.  The show rules and I want to leave the trekkies on their site where they belong. Remember now...RELAX

« Reply #32 on: Today at 5:40am »
The show had bad acting many times even by the actors that most would call the GOOD ones.  That  fact can not be disputed in any acting class anywhere.  We do not need a post to find this out.  It is a fact that is well known.  I just was wondering where this point was being taken.  When it is stated as a fact (which it is) then some conclusion must be made to bring  a closure for the idea.  Now that there is general concensus that there was bad acting on DS what can we do?  Did I mention that there was some bad acting on DS?  Let me put it another way..the acting on DS was (a lot of times) BAD!!  My opinion is that the acting on DS was bad.  Hmmmph!!

Is it your contention that the last message, especially, wasn't sarcastic or condescending?, because that's my take on it.  And since I chose to not remove or edit #32 (though I considered it), I not only think Vlad had the right to respond to it but I also appreciated his restraint.

If you can post a subject...then you can expect people to disagree with it.  I was only contributing to the post my own opinion and there is nothing wrong with that.

But were you giving your opinion on the subject matter, or were you giving your opinion on whether or not it was valid to carry on the discussion in the first place?  It seems to me you were passing judgment on the posters that were contributing to the topic and you were demanding to know why it was being talked about in the first place, and though posters took the time to explain it to you, you kept calling for an answer ("Unfortunately you are unable to give a definitive answer as to what your point is...").  You may not have seen any point to the debate about acting on the show, but I enjoyed it, and I was disappointed that you would sarcastically call it "your great debate" to the poster that started the topic.

Hooked, I know you're a huge fan of the show, and I respect that, but please understand that along with the praise for the show on these forums will come criticism about it, and I agree with Vlad that there's no need for you to jump in and tell everyone to relax and enjoy the show because, personally speaking, I wouldn't be here if I didn't find talking about the show to be relaxing and fun.

hooked

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 04:47:27 PM »
You have me wrong also.  I said that I AGREE with the post.  Once it has been agreed on that there was some bad acting on the show I merely wanted to know (and still do) what about it.  This could
EXPAND the topic and possibly take it in a direction that was not thought of previously.  So NO! I do not mind what you have said nor do I mind if a response of mine is challenged, but Vlad acts as though he were some scholar with a new idea for a thesis never before explored that he was going to change the world with.  THAT IS NOT SO.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 05:44:26 PM »
Hooked,

You requested, in a post that is no longer on this board, to be removed from the forums immediately.  You're obviously very angry, but if this is what you want then your registration can be removed by going into your profile and clicking on the "delete user" button.  I'm not kicking you off the board and I'm not banning you, but your membership is yours to do with as you wish.  Sorry things didn't work out for you here, but you apparently insist on criticizing other posters and now me too for doing my job.  I'll explain, briefly, that if an exchange occurs on the board that has the potential to turn into a flame war, then I either have to pull it or I have to publicly intervene; if you wanted your exchange with Vlad to remain private then you shouldn't have brought your disagreement onto these boards in the first place.  I wish you all the best.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2002, 06:49:02 PM »
You could've just removed yourself but instead returned to take a couple more shots.  You're no longer a member and you're no longer welcome on dsboards.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ATTENTION
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2002, 10:09:03 PM »
Your message has been forwarded to your server along with the IP number, as will any subsequent message from you.  This is the last time you'll be hearing from me.