Author Topic: Dank Shadows  (Read 568 times)

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Dank Shadows
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:59:07 PM »
I found the Dark Shadows parody series Dank Shadows on youtube, and I really recommend it.
It's a hilarious DS parody, with most to the parts being done in drag with men playing the female roles and vice versa, mostly. The comedy is pretty raunchy,and there's a couple of mild scenes of nudity, just buttocks briefly shown, so it's not for everybody.
It's all done very lovingly though. These are people who really know their Dark Shadows. The early episodes are based on the first year with "Wicki"'s arrival and her meeting the strange and mysterious Bollins family. Roger's "wife" Scorch Burns Collins arrives to claim her son Gayvid.
Later episodes deal with Carnabas being released from his coffin, transgendered doctor Drulia Hottman investigating the "glampire" attacks, etc.
The acting while not Oscar worthy was a hoot imo. The actors were pretty good at doing those little nuances to really capture the cahracter, adn the period costumes and out of control wigs alone make it worht watching.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Dank Shadows
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
Hey Quentin, I definitely enjoyed this series.  I posted about it a couple of times but there wasn't much response.  The humor obviously isn't to everybody's taste but I thought it was really quite funny.  There were a couple of misfires but you are quite correct in saying they really know the ins and outs of the series.

I would love to see them do more, but I would guess that after 30 episodes, they all felt ready to move on to other projects.  Who knows, perhaps they'll go back and do more at some point.

Carnabas's lounge lizard look in the final episodes reminded me of Jerry Lewis in the "Nutty Professor" when he transformed into a similar personality--Buddy Love or something was the name?

Lots of fun in-jokes and references to explore in this one.

G.