Author Topic: Terry Crawford after 1897  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Crawford after 1897
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 12:43:35 AM »
Did they want a new actress to play Megan?

She doesn't say, only that "Gordon thought I was all wrong for the part; that I was much too dramatic for Megan, who he saw as the 'girl next door.'"

Of course, Megan became so much more than that, and I'm not sure that I've seen enough of Terry Crawford's acting to guess at how she would have handled the changes that the character went through.  What do the rest of you think?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 01:15:57 AM »
I honestly don't think I could see her as Megan!  Not after the craziness started. It certainly would be interesting!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 02:05:33 AM »
I don't really remember the conversation clearly.  I do remember that she left, still under contract and that's why she was recalled for 1840. I believe that was also reported in an interview published in a fanzine.

No worries, Doctor and K9.  A fan (Kosmo) tells yet another variation on the story that was related to him by Terry some years ago during a visit to Lyndhurst.  She said she was taking classes during her hiatus from DS and when the role of Edith came up and she heard about it, she felt that the timing was good for her.  A contractual obligation wasn't mentioned.

I've begun to wonder if this situation is similar to her telling the story in in the DS Companion about Beth bouncing back up after a fall that occurred during taping (she specifies how the timing related to a commercial break), but we know it did not happen while the camera was running.  Unfortunately, even memories of a person's own experiences can sometimes change.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 04:36:29 AM »
I rely on my memory much less than I used to. Not only am I getting older, but I've also read a great deal about how memory works. We reconstruct events rather than simply replaying them on a recorder. Therefore, what we THINK happened is often a mish mash of actual memory and reconstructions to fill in the gaps. So honestly, I don't really know what I can reliably say to add to the discussion. David's account is much more recent. And as was brought up, we often can't even rely on a first hand account. It's been literally 40 years now (this fall) since 1840 aired.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 05:10:24 AM »
Not quite true.  I know from what has been on the festival website at times and from asking about Fest policy myself that all actors and personnel from Dark Shadows are always welcome to attend the fests.  The reason why some actors don't come is because their way is not paid.  

Nancy

She said she'd come to a fest again if asked, but Jim P hasn't invited her of late, so I suggest requesting to Jim that she be brought to Burbank this year.

David

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 06:10:04 AM »
Nancy is usually right, LOL!
Terrayne did tell me that she was invited to come on her own dime.
She prefers to be provided with a plane ticket and a room, and, as she sells no merchandise nor charges for her autograph, I think she's right!

David

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »
so, to go back to her acting......i was watching her the episode where [spoiler]Jenny was killed, [/spoiler], and her reaction, and her decompressing to explain to Edward what happened was so great!   she worked that well with Louis Edmond.   

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 03:31:09 AM »
Terrayne did tell me that she was invited to come on her own dime.
She prefers to be provided with a plane ticket and a room, and, as she sells no merchandise nor charges for her autograph, I think she's right!

Not much of an "invitation", is it?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor