Author Topic: OT<Cache Out  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT<Cache Out
« on: December 14, 2003, 12:54:28 AM »
Okay...a new one.

Now, on newer phones/service, when you connect to the server...(ha ha, if/when it connects, think internet 7-8 years ago), it always says '24823' bytes transfered. The number doesn't stay the same...but...does anyone know where this all goes?

(Lots o luck trying to contact Nokia or Motorola, they don't speak English real well, and they don't want to be bothered; contact your provider).

The bytes are being stored_______________    anybody? And...can one clean it out, like cache/cookies?

Thanks duckies,

Patti

(MB...we know you're happy that it's going to snow again/still/more

What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:OT<Cache Out
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 03:37:41 AM »
Now, on newer phones/service, when you connect to the server) ... it always says '24823' bytes transfered. The number doesn't stay the same...but...does anyone know where this all goes?

Patti, it's how many Packets are sent and received when you're connected.

The bytes are being stored_______________    anybody? And...can one clean it out, like cache/cookies?

It's just letting you know how much information is being sent and received.  No files are actually stored.  You may see similar info on your computer, not counting AOL users.  But the number of bytes is customized for cell phones, so for questions about it you really do need to contact your wireless service provider.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 05:09:26 PM »
Midnite...are you saying nothing is being stored on my phone? That's all I care about.

Thanks,
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 05:39:36 PM »
I don't own/use and actually never want to own/use a cell phone (no one should be that totally accessible 24 hours a day - also the reason why I don't own/use an answering machine - not even at work) so I don't honestly know much about what you were asking. But...

Midnite...are you saying nothing is being stored on my phone?

I'd say she was:

No files are actually stored.

And yes, I AM happy that it's going to snow again/still/more