Author Topic: Dennis Patrick family request, per Shadowgram  (Read 920 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Dennis Patrick family request, per Shadowgram
« on: November 01, 2002, 06:28:07 AM »
From SHADOWGRAM online:  "Dennis' ashes were scattered at sea" and "the family requests that donations to honor the memory of Dennis Patrick be made to the Actor's Fund." (The Actors' Fund of America, 5757 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90036.)

As a staff member for Actors' Equity Association, I'd like to share with you all some of the things the Actors' Fund does for our community.

Actors who are having difficult times financially may apply to the Fund for financial assistance.  The actor must present proof of his/her current financial situation, including bank statements, payroll checks, etc., along with a specific request for the use of the money.  The Fund has assisted Equity members with whom I am acquainted with such things as a one month mortgage payment, payment of an electric bill, payment of a doctor bill not covered by insurance (or payment of a bill if the actor is uninsured), assistance with a child care payment, etc.

This assistance is not a loan, and therefore does not have to be paid back.  Most of the actors I know who have received assistance from the Actors' Fund have made regular contributions to the Fund once they get back "on their feet," so to speak.

I only post this to affirm that the Actors' Fund is a bonafide and positive resource for the entire acting community.

You can check it out at http://www.actorsfund.org.

Thanks,

Brian