Author Topic: VAM & THE LOVELY DS LADIES AT HALLOWEEN WEEKEND  (Read 2206 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: VAM & THE LOVELY DS LADIES AT HALLOWEEN WEEKEND
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2002, 09:14:11 PM »
It is not just IE related because as I mentioned to you in a note  that a photo is not showing up on Netscape. Sorry I just think something is wrong here. I don't consider it humorous at all...If anyone has not seen them and are interested please let me know.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2002, 09:35:28 PM »
It is not just IE related because as I mentioned to you in a note  that a photo is not showing up on Netscape. Sorry I just think something is wrong here. I don't consider it humorous at all..

I never said it was funny, this is the first I've heard that you use Netscape, and the photo of you and Lara under the caption "having fun in Tarrytown with guess who" shows up fine for me, so I don't know why you can't see it and I don't understand why you're not going to your webserver to find out.

I just looked this up for you.  You have more than one options here to receive online assisted support:

http://photos.msn.com/support/supportstart.aspx

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2002, 10:39:53 PM »
I spoke with MSN and they told me all is fine on the site. They told me the problem lies with dsboards. In fact MSN suggested the tampered photos possibility.  So now what happens?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2002, 11:21:07 PM »
I spoke with MSN and they told me all is fine on the site. They told me the problem lies with dsboards. In fact MSN suggested the tampered photos possibility.  So now what happens?

VAM,

The problem isn't with dsboards. I just copied the URL to the first photo and pasted it into my browser's navigation window to see if I could access it directly, and this is the error I received:
The image "http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzEwMzU2NjM5MjMvMS80MDE3LzE1NS8zMi9GbmhnZlpiYkM0S3dLZWZWQzRyb3dB/af76477d89902bbb636687b7146a516b/clbk=HcZNnT9kkUiOsWHzmun
MZxetPcAhlreVA2UYNbmT86uhU34fIDxKZg$$/jpg.jpg" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Frankly, if this photo is using that exact same URL on MSN and it's displaying fine, the error makes no sense. But what I've noticed is that the URL for that first photo is longer than the ones for all your others, and that seems odd. Could you IM me the URL of your page on MSN so that I can check this out further for you? :)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2002, 01:19:57 AM »
f this photo is using that exact same URL on MSN and it's displaying fine, the error makes no sense.

VAM,

Don't ask me how or why, but a portion of the URLs for all of your photos has changed since you originally posted them. :-/ For example, the original URL for Lara's photo was:

http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzEwMzU2NjM5MjMvMS80MDE3LzE1NS8zMi9GbmhnZlpi
YkM0S3dLZWZWQzRyb3dB/af76477d89902bbb636687b7146a516b/clbk=HcZNnT9
kkUiOsWHzmunMZxetPcAhlreVA2UYNbmT86uhU34fIDxKZg$$/jpg.jpg

But it's now:

http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzEwMzU4MTY2NTgvMS80MDE4LzE1NS8zMi9GbmhnZlpi
YkM0S3dLZWZWQzRyb3dB/4e2b585a83831e17b09f69e4c8497c8b/clbk=HcZNnT9
kkUiOsWHzmunMZxetPcAhlreVA2UYNbmT86uhU34fIDxKZg$$/jpg.jpg

As you can see, this portion:

Code: [Select]
/af76477d89902bbb636687b7146a516b/
Has changed to this:

Code: [Select]
/4e2b585a83831e17b09f69e4c8497c8b/

Apparently, something changed at MSN, and either even they're unaware of it or they weren't being entirely truthful with you. :( But I've made all the necessary changes to your post in this topic so that everything is displaying fine again. (And unless something else weird happens, it should stay that way. ;)) If you copy and paste the new URLs in your other topics, they should work as well...

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2002, 11:45:29 AM »
Thanks MB-I made all the necessary corrections so members may enjoy the photos once again on the board.:)