Author Topic: unfavorable D.S. review  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: unfavorable D.S. review
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2002, 07:51:07 PM »
hey Midnite went back to take picture of Connie and the q man off my post saw it was gone did you do it? Thanks you're fast girl!

Oops, guilty as charged. ::)

You're welcome, and thanks! :D

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2002, 09:05:24 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CONNIE THAT PHOTO OF THE Q-MAN
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THOSE BLUE JEANS HE LOOKS GORGEOUS IN THEM!!!
Help Anne is losing control wait till her Q-man starts
to talk then she'll be headed for WinCliff!!!

Anne!  Control yourself!  There are ladies (and gentlemen) here, who are now blushing!  Just teasing!  I know if I ever saw TLATKLS in person, I'd become a blabbering, heart-thumping-in-chest schoolboy madly in love, and then hit the floor in a dead faint.  Can you imagine, Anne, if you and I were in a room at the same time when the Q-Man and TLATKLS entered together?  We'd probably shatter the windows!

Gerard

Connie

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2002, 11:29:43 AM »
PS -- It's always nice to see pictures of stars like Connie looking so glamorous. But who's that scuzzy-looking chap hanging off of her arm?

A guy I picked up in a bar.

-CLC   [wavey]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2002, 07:20:17 PM »
Hi,Gerard i'll try not to make you guys and gals
blush so much!!! I know your'e just teasing it's
cute!!!   I'll try to control myself  !!  Do hope i
can get to the DS Fest next yr in the Summer!
              Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2002, 07:48:17 AM »
First of all, I'm not exactly sure why Nahmod's article was even advertised on this forum.  Clearly it was bound to stir up controversy and provoke tempers.  Why get into all of that?  

I find it impossible to talk to anyone at the fests as they want to be alone or with their clique of friends.

Everybody that I've ever met at a DS event has been quite friendly; however, I have seen fans who tend to stick in defined groups.  I don't interpret their behavior as deliberately rude though.  As I see it, these people have known each other for a long time and are accustomed to socializing with one another.  I love to meet new people at these events, but when I go to a Festival, I naturally want to see my friends and find out what's going on in their lives as well.  It's generally easier to be around people whom one has known for a few years than those met a few hours earlier.  Rather than feeling slighted or discouraged, I feel more determined to continue my participation in fandom and even to broaden it.  It takes time and patience to find a niche, but from what I've seen, the effort pays off in valuable friendships further down the line.  This is just my opinion of course, but I do hope that you'll give the fans another chance.

ProfStokes

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2002, 08:40:12 AM »
Everybody that I've ever met at a DS event has been quite friendly; however, I have seen fans who tend to stick in defined groups....It's generally easier to be around people whom one has known for a few years than those met a few hours earlier.  Rather than feeling slighted or discouraged, I feel more determined to continue my participation in fandom and even to broaden it.  

thanks for your invaluable insight prof. stokes.  i too have recently come into the fold of ds fandom, particularly on the internet and and then my first fest this year.  i do not notice that i am particularly excluded from speaking with people, on the contrary, i have been able to walk up to folks and say hi.

i hope to get to know more people later as time goes by.

as for englebert humperdick, i believe the opera composer of hansel and gretel is dead.  

as for the other one, he is currently still touring if you can believe it.  here is a web page for him....

http://www.engelbert.net/concert.htm

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2002, 10:28:35 AM »
yes, of course the review topic was posted here to stir u guys up and start a discussion. this is a discussion board after all.

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2002, 07:39:55 AM »
There's often a double standard regarding "has-beens." True, many people think of an entertainer who is no longer in the limelight as a has-been. On the other hand, if the entertainer hangs on to the top spots year after year, people consider him or her a dinosaur  

On the upside of the "has been" label, I have come up with this phrase I often use to describe talented ex-athletes. I think it can apply here as well :)

You can't be a "has been" if you were a "never was" ;)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2002, 10:53:22 PM »

Anne!  Control yourself!  There are ladies (and gentlemen) here, who are now blushing!  Just teasing!  I know if I ever saw TLATKLS in person, I'd become a blabbering, heart-thumping-in-chest schoolboy madly in love, and then hit the floor in a dead faint.  Can you imagine, Anne, if you and I were in a room at the same time when the Q-Man and TLATKLS entered together?  We'd probably shatter the windows!

Gerard

Throw in Don B and the earth would shake!Steve and i would have to be sedated!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2002, 01:24:35 AM »

Nobody is ever a "has been."  The talent is there and if that performer was able to touch even one person in a special way, it makes them forever memorable.

nancy

Superficial statement rendered and Nancy replies with an awesome answer![thumb]
It is a good day because I am still ticking!