Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0101  (Read 870 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0101
« on: November 21, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0101
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:20:57 PM »
Eavesdropping is always a favorite pastime at Collinwood, but it seems quite possible that this ep takes it to a height never seen before and one that may never be seen again!  [hall2_wink]

David listens outside the door. ...
Vicki closes the bedroom door and locks it, blocking off David.

David exits the kitchen and comes to eavesdrop on the girls.

Roger exits the kitchen and listens.

[hall2_rolleyes]  [hall2_grin]

Also, if only someone had remembered this when it came to the insanity during the end of Leviathans that[spoiler]Philip could have actually been hanged (even if he had been guilty - which he wasn't)!!

This is important, too, says David--it shows what's going to happen to the man who killed Mr. Malloy. Roger takes the picture--a hanging man.
They don't hang people anymore, says Roger icily--not in this state, anyway.
[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »
Maggie seems very relaxed on her second visit to Collinwood.   I almost expect her to plop down on the Dr Rm couch, open a brew and belch...   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »
Magnus, Maggie did take one glance at the drawing room as she walked in that indicated she wasn't entirely comfortable there, but I admit I was looking for it.  What bothered me was that we didn't get to see her thinking about Carolyn's date.  Maggie would have thought at first that the date was with Joe, I suppose, but when Vicky asked Carolyn to deliver a message to Burke for her, Maggie had to figure out what was happening.

If Roger kills Vicky, I think she's asked for it.  Why does she think she has to have an ironclad case before she goes to the police with what she knows?  Granted, the case is currently closed, but Sheriff Patterson's not an ogre.  He'll listen, and even if he doesn't act on the information, he'll have it.

We got another enjoyable scene between Carolyn and David.  I liked that way Carolyn's hand came slowly towards David before she grabbed him - sort of as if she were about to swat a fly.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »
The HiFi is now replaced with an old vase.  Carolyn makes a topical reference that Bill Malloy was working for the Reds.  When Vickie and Maggie are talking at the front door a production meeting seems to be taking place in the drawing room, perhaps they were supposed to close the door.  Roger hides to the right of the door where a famous portrait should be hanging, but it must be out for repairs.  Vickie manages to get herself into yet another perilous situation.  I keep reminding myself she grew up in an institution, continued to work there ,is only nineteen and from what she has said never had a life before she came to Collinsport. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:53:14 AM »
Maggie seems very relaxed on her second visit to Collinwood.   I almost expect her to plop down on the Dr Rm couch, open a brew and belch...

[hall2_grin]  But it's also probably worth mentioning that there's a big difference between Maggie being at Collinwood with Vicki, a person she feels very comfortable with, and being there with Liz, a person she was anything but comfortable with.  [hall2_smiley]