Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0699  (Read 486 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0699
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
Robservations #699

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0699

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:58:30 PM »
I should say at this point that during 1897, I have a tape gap, from when [spoiler]zombie Quentin approaches the Old House up to when there's a fire at Trask's school.[/spoiler]  I don't want to ruin my future first viewing (that I remember) by finding out events through the WP, so I'll be dropping out for that period, and I HOPE that it will still be going when I come back.  I don't know how long a period that is.  Aren't Dom's tapes ever going to resume?

Mr. Frid prompts Grayson, for once, to say her line "We should have expected something like this..." at the mausoleum, after discovering Chris didn't revert to Chris.  At the Old House (Why'd Maggie choose Josette's room?), as soon as Maggie's exhausted head hits the pillow, a dream with Quentin immediately starts.  Her account of it later to Julia differs from what we see of it.  She says it started with her being in Liz's room and being afraid of being "caught", then going to the West Wing, which is where we see the dream start.  Maybe Maggie's channelling Beth.  We see Mr. Juggins (in a fake-out scare moment), which Maggie tells Julia about.... but can't remember what happens next.  We however see the rest, her entering Quentin's room, being given a dress, her refusing it, Q getting mad... then kissing her. 
Later in the episode, Julia says that Maggie's dream was a remembering of what happened to her last time with Q at Collinwood...?  Maggie remembers all, and so knows the way into Quentin's room now. 

Josette's desk seems to have been moved out of her room.  Barnabas refuses to crawl through the tiny hole into Quentin's room and insists on enlarging it to door size, probably wise for quick escapes, but that's a lot of time to spend right there where a ghost can smite you.  Then again, they might be helping Quentin by this work.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »
Above all else, Barnabas is a creature of great dignity. No wonder he insisted on enlarging the entry to Quentin's Room.

If Julia is so concerned about Chris, shouldn't she have her chemistry set up and running?

Maggie is now ensconced in Josette’s room, but (thanks to Nicholas, whose one and only good deed benefited the woman he loved) apparently it doesn’t trigger any unhappy memories. She pleads with Amy to take her to David. Julia arrives just in time to hear Amy sob that if she helps them find David, Quentin will do something bad to Chris.

Julia takes Amy away, and Maggie dreams that she finds the storage room. She has a momentarily scary reunion with Mr. Jughans, and then Quentin is there, holding out the blue dress. It isn’t mine, Maggie protests. I don’t want to wear it, Quentin simply walks closer, now glaring angrily. Don’t come near me, Maggie says, frightened. Quentin softens--but only so he can take her in his arms. Maggie can’t resist putting her hand on his shoulder. She leans right in as he kisses her very nicely, still smiling triumphantly. Then his shoulders shake with laughter, and his face blurs. Maggie wakes abruptly, runs out to the corridor and calls Julia. She tells Julia ALMOST everything about the dream.

Barn has gone to the mausoleum and hears nothing but bad news from inside. Julia finds him and tells him that Maggie knows where David might be. Julia searches the Old House for Amy while Maggie leads Barn to the West Wing.

Amy has some trouble opening the panel, but finally enters Quentin’s room. David! she calls. I have something important to tell you! Answer me, please! Suddenly Quentin reaches down and touches her shoulder. She turns toward him quickly, gabbling all in a rush, I came to warn you that Maggie and Barnabas are on their way! They know about this room! They think David’s here and they’re coming to get him! I know you’re angry with me, but I did come to tell you, didn’t I? she pleads desperately. Quentin he looks like he’s thinking about something.

Maggie and Barnabas arrive at Collinwood and start up the Great Staircase.

I didn’t tell them! Amy says frantically as Quentin moves toward her. Maggie had a dream--I heard her telling Doctor Hoffman. Quentin reaches down again and puts his dead hand on Amy’s shoulder and keeps it there. This time she freezes, her mouth still open. Maybe he just wants to keep her quiet.

Maggie and Barnabas return to the storage room, where Maggie shows him the lowest panel (now closed) leading to the secret room. Barnabas says, This was sealed up when I was here before. Whoever unsealed it used this crowbar. I intend to rip out the rest of the panels, he declares as he suits the deed to the word. Now we are going to find whatever is in this room, he declares....