Author Topic: The New Vicky  (Read 805 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The New Vicky
« on: September 18, 2002, 10:21:26 PM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

After not seeing Betsy Durkin for about 8 episodes, they should have used Carolyn Groves here instead.  CG is going to be seen very shortly anyway.  I wonder whey they brought Betsy Durkin back for this one episode.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: The New Vicky
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 10:29:50 PM »
On the flip side, I wonder why they bother to recast the part again for only two more episodes. They could have ended the Vicki story line right there, with Vicki's disappearance into the past with Peter. Maybe the originally DID intend to end it there, but then Dan Curtis or someone decided he wanted to go back to 1795 and write a better ending to it; Durkin may have already been let go, thus the need for a second recast. ???

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 10:59:32 PM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

After not seeing Betsy Durkin for about 8 episodes, they should have used Carolyn Groves here instead.  CG is going to be seen very shortly anyway.  I wonder whey they brought Betsy Durkin back for this one episode.

I agree.  Carolyn Groves was by far a much better choice to play the part than B.D. was.  She even seemed to resemble  A.M. alittle bit, and her mannerisms were much more subdued, not so dramatic. A big difference from Betsy Durkin.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 01:19:43 AM »
They could have ended the Vicki story line right there, with Vicki's disappearance into the past with Peter.

The return to 1795 was certainly not earthshattering-no  pertinent information here...Good place in the story to reveal the secret of her birth...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!