Author Topic: Here comes Beth..to save the day..sorta.  (Read 1756 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Here comes Beth..to save the day..sorta.
« on: September 13, 2002, 08:53:12 PM »
Isn't Beth so lovely.  And, she's right there with Quentin.  She'll do anything for him....lie for him, get anything for him, spend eternity with him...

Is anybody else there?  No.  Is Amanda Harris (whom I could care less about) there?  No.   Angelique?.  Never.  Charity? No.  Rachel Drummond?  No.  Laura Collins?  No.  Crazy Jenny?  No.

Please Quentin, you need Beth.  
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: Here comes Beth..to save the day..sorta.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 10:53:14 PM »
Isn't Beth so lovely.

Yes, she's also lovely in person too, got to meet Terry Crawford. Of all the women Quentin was with, have to agree, he should have stuck with Beth!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline ElizabethGrayson

• Junior Poster
  • Would you care to pet my dragon?
    • View Profile
    • Jen's Eclectic Corner...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 12:06:57 AM »
Although Beth deserved better, I wish Quentin had cleaned up his act so they could have been happy together.  They made such a striking couple...I remember the first time I saw that scene and I still cannot see anyone but the two of them together.  I would give anything to be able to meet Terry Crawford, but I'm going to be out of town yet again the weekend of the Halloween thingy....:(  Maybe someday.

Eg
Always remember you have the knowledge to do what's right, and the power to right what's done.
(Bill Sisler, "Fields of Honor")

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 02:30:10 AM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Ummm, didn't she kill him? So why is he spending eternity with her? Seems to be a continuing theme on the show. (Danielle Roget and Whatshisghost).

I guess Beth only got to keep him as a werewolf/ghost. Can't imagine someone picking Amanda Harris over her. Quentin is a babe, but he doesn't have much judgement in women. Though, of course, Beth DID kill him, right? Ahhh what the heck, the poor thing had CAUSE! [wink2]
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Connie

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 02:45:42 AM »
Ummm, didn't she kill him? So why is he spending eternity with her?

Quentin's not one to hold a grudge.

:)

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2002, 03:46:44 AM »
Is anybody else there?    Angelique?

Always there because she is a supernatural woman.;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2002, 11:04:16 AM »
Beth is really pretty to me.I loved that scene with she and Quentin standing there looking at David and Amy.It was breathtaking.I don't know if anyone has noticed,but Terry Crawford has a very "well-defined" chin.It looks good on her.Beth is Strikingly beautiful.It was spectacular the way she walked out of the shadowy corner of that room...she looks very elegant. Anyone agree??

-Just my thoughts....

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2002, 02:59:26 PM »
If you'll notice, none of the Collins men have had good judgment when it comes to women.  

Possible spoilers!

Roger marries a supernatural creature who nearly kills his son.  Then he marries Cassandra, who wreaks havoc on his life, curses Liz, and walks out on him.

Barnabas bedded and eventually married a supernatural creature who wreaked havoc on his life, turned him into a vampire and was indirectly responsible for the deaths of many members of his family.

Quentin marries a gypsy and leaves her flat, has an affair with his father's wife (and God knows how many others), falls in love with Beth, but not for long, reluctantly gets engaged to Angelique, falls in love with the shallow Amanda Harris, and ends up an immortal man, wandering the world in search of a cure, probably bedding every attractive woman who bats her eyelashes at him.  

So I suspect the REAL curse on the Collins family was the mens' poor judgment when it came to women!

Love, Robin

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2002, 06:19:21 PM »
Yes she is lovely and will always be my favorite female character on the show!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2002, 08:24:36 PM »
Barnabas bedded and eventually married a supernatural creature who wreaked havoc on his life, turned him into a vampire and was indirectly responsible for the deaths of many members of his family.

Not only that, the TRUE love of his life was an insipid twit!

So I suspect the REAL curse on the Collins family was the mens' poor judgment when it came to women!

You may be right, but it is the women too! Lizzie and Paul Stoddard/Jason McGuire, Carolyn and every twisted man she ever saw, and let's include Vicky, (she was a secret Collins) and Jeffy! After all, Lizzie DID ignore Bill Malloy and he would have been great for her and Vicky ditched Frank Garner. No taste at all. And that isn't even mentioning the Collins of the past who are yet to come in the series!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2002, 11:54:07 PM »
Can't miss that chin!

Beth is really pretty to me.I loved that scene with she and Quentin standing there looking at David and Amy.It was breathtaking.I don't know if anyone has noticed,but Terry Crawford has a very "well-defined" chin.It looks good on her.Beth is Strikingly beautiful.It was spectacular the way she walked out of the shadowy corner of that room...she looks very elegant. Anyone agree??

Offline HobbiesDS

• Junior Poster
  • It must be a full moon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2002, 06:23:47 PM »
I agree all of the Collins did not choose wisely when the opposite sex was involved.  I always wanted to see a Carolyn Quentin pairing but then she went and married Jeb Hawkes.

I thought Quentin and Beth really were a great pair.  It's unfortunate that when Barnabas and Julia go back and change the future that Beth got the short end.

HobbiesDS
HobbiesDS