Author Topic: CONNECTIONS BEYOND  (Read 4732 times)

Connie

Re: CONNECTIONS BEYOND
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2002, 10:44:45 PM »
If there actually was a direct phone line to the Dearly Departed of DS, do you think Grayson Hall would still tell Connie that she's full of sh*t?

[woryb][lghb]

Undoubtedly.

(I knew it...I just KNEW something would show up under this thread).

:P

-CLC
(Who accepts the fact that if GRAYSON says I'm full of shit, then I AM, indeed, full of shit).

Offline ElizabethGrayson

• Junior Poster
  • Would you care to pet my dragon?
    • View Profile
    • Jen's Eclectic Corner...
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2002, 12:12:20 AM »
Of the Dark Shadows cast, Louis Edmonds and Joan Bennett.

Of other famous people: Mozart, Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, Mother Theresa, and Princess Diana

Personal choices: my grandmother who I lost two years ago, and a friend of mine who died of AIDS before I even knew he was sick.

EG
Always remember you have the knowledge to do what's right, and the power to right what's done.
(Bill Sisler, "Fields of Honor")

Nancy

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2002, 12:21:28 AM »
I'd like to meet Jesus, Martin Luther King, Jr., my uncle Roland (Who was killed before I was born), and the first set of ancestors on both sides of my family who came to the U.S.

Nancy

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2002, 02:45:26 AM »
Undoubtedly.

(I knew it...I just KNEW something would show up under this thread).

:P

-CLC
(Who accepts the fact that if GRAYSON says I'm full of shit, then I AM, indeed, full of shit).

Whats this all about anyway?
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2002, 03:01:54 AM »

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2002, 04:24:17 PM »
(I knew it...I just KNEW something would show up under this thread...)

How could I possibly resist? ;D
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2002, 12:06:26 AM »
another supreme fan?

Fun question, (and easy to answer!)

I'd want to talk to Jesus Christ, Marilyn Monroe, and Florence Ballard.

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2002, 12:09:19 AM »
couldn't some of the stars at the festival answer some of these questions?

I would sure like to chat with Craig Slocum. I have lots to say to him! I also would ask him some questions, like why he left Dark Shadows, did he ever get married, have children, when was he diagnosed with diabetes, where was he at the time of his death, where is he buried, what inspired him to be an actor & at what age did he become one, where is his family so they can receive acknowledgment of my JDRF memorial gifts in his memory, and I'm sure I could think of many other things!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2002, 08:17:24 AM »
I am trying to get answers. I keep asking and searching as much as I can. There is no bio available on Craig Slocum. I only have his personal information like address, phone number, height, weight, etc., things like that, and I have his credits. I really would like to know more about him. The only clue I have about his family, is that he has a sister who lives back east. I have requested that she be contacted. Hopefully somebody knows where she is. Trying to get info on Craig, is not an easy task. If anyone knows more, please let me know!  
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2002, 02:53:17 PM »
My parents, definitely.  My father died at 53, my mother at 60.  Neither ever knew their only grandchild, my son, Brad.

I miss them both very much, and speaking to them would be so nice!

Love, Robin

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2002, 04:58:47 PM »
My parents, definitely.  My father died at 53, my mother at 60.  Neither ever knew their only grandchild, my son, Brad.

I miss them both very much, and speaking to them would be so nice!

Love, Robin

I cried when I read your post, Robin. My parents have been gone 19 years and I miss then every day. They only had one year to know their grandchild, Elaine. She doesn't remember them at all.
How I wish I could talk to them again and let them speak to their granddaughter.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2002, 05:56:57 PM »
I'd most want to talk to my Dad, who died a year and a half ago.

Recently, I was with my brother, and he told me that he was at Mom's place a few weeks back, and he was sitting outside alone. Mom was out for a while, so no one else was at the house. He said that he suddenly heard the sound of Dad's wheelchair in the sunroom just above him, and when he went back inside, he had the most wonderful feeling that he was not alone.

My brother is even more pragmatic-minded than I am, and he said what he heard was plain as day, no mistaking it. Whatever, it was an absolutely moving experience for him. Perhaps he really did have a moment of contact with my dad. If so, then I consider him blessed.

[shadow=maroon,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2002, 06:27:54 PM »
I've had a few eerie yet nice experiences, too, Mark.

My dad used to "visit" me on long road trips. While I'd be driving and my husband/daughter would be sleeping,  I'd suddenly smell someone lighting up a cigarette and I'd get the intense feeling that Dad was watching my driving. He knew I had a lead foot so I, like a scolded child, would slow down. I'd mentally "chat" with him until the feeling left and then I stayed within the speed limit the rest of the trip.

But, the eeriest of all, was when I got the call from my mother that Dad had been taken to the ER and that it didn't look good.  I dashed out and started the short drive to the hospital.

I hit every red light! So, naturally, it slowed me down considerably.  I then decided to step on it and try to beat the next light. Out of the blue, I hear my father's voice in my head say, "Don't rush. It's all over."  

By the time I reached the ER, my father had passed away yet I knew he had spoken to me.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2002, 06:43:34 PM »
I would like to talk to my sister that was killed in a car accident caused by a drunken driver 13 years ago Labor Day weekend.  I would tell her how beautiful her daughter turned out to be, inside and out,  and how much like her mom she is... how proud we all are of her and how she is raising her twin babies... and how I loved her so much and miss her beyond words.

and I would like to talk to my beloved grandmother (Mamaw) who let me live with her for awhile and always  made me feel special... and tell her I use her yellow pie plate almost everyday and think of her every time I do.. and to my Papaw who was a quiet man that I would just sit with on his porch and eat cheese and crackers.. and whenever I saw him start to walk to the store or to town, I would run as fast as I could to catch up with him ... and I would thank him for saving all his change for me and not giving it to his other grandkids...lol...and ...well that's enough rambling..  these were 3 very important people in my life that I love and miss.

He said that he suddenly heard the sound of Dad's wheelchair in the sunroom just above him

that reminds me of something.. I have twin sons that are in wheelchairs that lived with me for 25 years ...and about 8 months ago they moved into their own home a couple hours away from here.. and I still think I hear their wheelchairs in the house, or I think I hear them calling me at night to come take them to bathroom or turn them over or need something else.. and I yell out in my sleep.. "be there in a minute"  I have done that several times.. I guess I did it for so many years and I miss them so much, that it's natural to do that. My I am feeling sentimental today!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2002, 07:58:23 PM »
I am trying to get answers. I keep asking and searching as much as I can. There is no bio available on Craig Slocum.

What I do know about Craig (strictly from what I heard) is that he was a friend of Dan Curtis's wife.  You would probably already know that.  If I find out anything at all about him, I will definitely post it here.

I liked the scenes with him and Nathan Forbes, Mrs. Johnson, Carolyn and Adam.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf