Author Topic: So  what...  (Read 1619 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
So  what...
« on: September 11, 2002, 03:17:32 AM »
It is obvious that the people leaving at Collinwood do not react normally to strange situations. Actually, those supernatural characters seemed to have more of a pulse. Like yesterday, it look to be an oh hum from Liz when Vicki said Jeff went back to the 18th Century. Please add to the list of those shocking yet passive moments on DS.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
Re: So  what...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 07:23:51 AM »
I'm just getting started watching again, so I'll be light on the specifics, but I've always found it funny that Roger, Liz and others always act like diehard skeptics each time the possibility of something supernatural is discussed...  

You'd think they'd remember-- yes, last time there really was a ghost, or a witch or whatever...  But each time, they just find the whole idea preposterous...

How many times have we heard the "It must have been your imagination" speech???

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2002, 08:07:24 AM »
You'd think they'd remember-- yes, last time there really was a ghost, or a witch or whatever...  But each time, they just find the whole idea preposterous...

One of my favorite moments in the show takes place sometime during the pre-Barnabas stuff.  Vicki's been encountering various forms of the supernatural and Liz and Roger both tell her pretty much what you mentioned.  Then they're alone together and Roger turns to Elizabeth.  They sort of agree to lower the barriers for a minute and they have this little conversation about ghosts and things.  Then they go back to officially not believing in the supernatural :)

It's like it's a survival mechanism for living at Collinwood.  If you don't talk about it, you don't have to deal with it.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 08:47:01 AM »
They seem to do it everyday at Collinwood!

First there was that whole thing with Vicky going back to the past during a seance.  Now, they all seen with their own eyes a woman named Phyliss Wick suddenly appear out of nowhere and at the same time Vicky had mysteriously vanished,  yet when Vicky suddenly returns out of the blue, they still question her sanity. I remember Roger & Liz constantly telling her it was "just her imagination!!"

Now of course Nickolas Blair is gone, but doesn't anyone at Collinwood think it funny that he didn't even have the decency to say goodbye? Since the sea house is owned by the Collins family, I would think they would have to go and check out the place.  And what the heck happened to all of Nick's clothes & belongings? After a farewell departure like that,  Roger is probably happy that he never sold him the place!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2002, 01:13:22 PM »
It's like it's a survival mechanism for living at Collinwood.  If you don't talk about it, you don't have to deal with it.

I agree. However, what we have here is not just an extraordinary few times but continuous unusual experiences.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2002, 05:57:45 PM »
I know this wasn't a supernatural event, but how about the other day when Roger and Liz took a little trip to the crypt in the middle of the night and Barnabas (I could be wrong here-I'm a little foggy as to who it was) fell out of the dark at their feet.  Roger and Liz were like, "Oh, look it's Barnabas whatever is he doing here ::yawn::." Don't know about you but if that had happened to me at that particular time and place they'd have been pulling me off the ceiling as someone else mopped up the floor! [jawdrp]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2002, 06:24:04 PM »
    I just watched "The Haunting" last night(not the remake).  While all these frightening events were happening they were still saying to each other "It must have been your imagination".  As they say here in Maine "Ain't that odd?"
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2002, 08:08:28 PM »
Just yesterday when Amy asked David to tell her all about Collinwood and what it was like to live there, David replied that it was pretty much like living "in any other house." He's gotta be kidding! Or else Julia has been using that damn medallion on him again. That thing must be burning from all the overtime it gets.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2002, 09:50:55 PM »
...David replied that it was pretty much like living "in any other house." He's gotta be kidding!

My guess is that when you have demonic tendencies like young master David [liteye] the daily events of Collinwood really DO seem normal! LOL!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2002, 09:54:43 PM »
It is obvious that the people leaving at Collinwood do not react normally to strange situations. Actually, those supernatural characters seemed to have more of a pulse. Like yesterday, it look to be an oh hum from Liz when Vicki said Jeff went back to the 18th Century. Please add to the list of those shocking yet passive moments on DS.

My favorite is when one time Roger says to someone, I can't remember who, "I DONT BELIEVE in all this supernatural mumbo-jumbo!"  
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T BELIEVE?!!! [eek]
Your son's governess has just been sent into the past,  someone else takes her place in the present.  Oh, and here's the best one....
If you ask me, it's pretty supernatural when one marrys, then has a child with a PHEONIX!! [egypt]
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2002, 10:04:40 PM »
How about Chris Jennings today?  The guy is turning into an entry for the Iditarod Dogsled Race, and when he's asked about joining a seance, he says:  "I don't believe in that stuff."

Gerard

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2002, 10:34:32 PM »

If I were in his condition, I would be ready to believe anything. Haven't seen anything weirder this wake!  
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan