Author Topic: SYT Slight Change of Perspective  (Read 3710 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: SYT Slight Change of Perspective
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2002, 06:59:59 AM »
thanks Nancy also the way it is worded in the book
does fit that too. it's nice to think that she feels comfortable enough with her fans to share such joy with them! actors must get used to people asking them
all kinds of things though. i'm sure most of them have standard answers to just about every question fans can dream up!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Nancy

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2002, 07:19:59 AM »
You're welcome. I did not realize it was mentioned in the book but I know it has been mentioned elsewhere in print and during Q&As.  I do not remember why LP brought the matter up at all. Believe it or not, DS fans at these conventions tend be really well behaved when it comes to asking too personal questions of the actors.  They generally do not.  

Nancy

thanks Nancy also the way it is worded in the book
does fit that too. it's nice to think that she feels comfortable enough with her fans to share such joy with them! actors must get used to people asking them
all kinds of things though. i'm sure most of them have standard answers to just about every question fans can dream up!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2002, 05:40:54 PM »
You're welcome. I did not realize it was mentioned in the book but I know it has been mentioned elsewhere in print and during Q&As.  I do not remember why LP brought the matter up at all. Believe it or not, DS fans at these conventions tend be really well behaved when it comes to asking too personal questions of the actors.  They generally do not.

thats nice to know Nancy Hoping to get there next year1

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2002, 07:37:03 PM »
I did not realize it was mentioned in the book but I know it has been mentioned elsewhere in print and during Q&As.

I think it was mentioned in the DS COMPANION, which is no longer in print. I have not seen that information appear  in any other source.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2002, 12:22:41 AM »
Nick Blair liked the SYT Maggie - Found it interesting he told Eve she was his kind of woman - yet he persued Maggie who didn't seem to be his kind

One of the earlier threads (concerning who should Barnabas end up with) got me wondering about the ongoing SYT syndrome our favorite vampire insists on suffering with.  I have always written that off as a product of chauvinism...my thoughts were, well, the writer/producer/director GUYS want this 40 something GUY to only be involved with wide-eyed 20-somethings because that would be THEIR fantasy.  It seemed obvious.  But you know, looking back it could be that women viewers might want this at times too.  Think about it girls - when you identify with a character in a romantic situation who do YOU want to look like...a 22-year-old with a flowing mane of hair and a drop dead figure or your mother with a football helmet hairdo in a tweed suit?  Speaking as one who is now the same age or older than Julia's character I KNOW I*d rather imagine having the wrinkle free buffed bod and the long gorgeous hair to add to the mix...even IF the guy isn*t as young as he used to be.  Of course, if we*re talking about anything involving Quentin then the latter arsenal would definitely be essential! :-*

[Edited by Midnite]