Author Topic: Who is that Monster??  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Who is that Monster??
« on: February 01, 2003, 01:16:28 PM »
What's wrong with everyone at Collinwood?? First we see Edward at the jail trying to figure out who the heck the monster is, then we see Quentin later on talking to Judith.  Neither one of them recognize anything familar at all about him!  How many people have sideburns like Quentin?  And if that wasn't enough while Judith is talking to Quentin in the drawing room and he's trying his darnest to tell her he's her brother, she still doesn't believe him.  I would think the voice would be a dead giveaway!!  Okay, he looks bad but he's wearing Quentin's clothes, has Quentin's sideburns, is playing Quentin's music and sounds just like Quentin to boot!

"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Who is that Monster??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 03:19:29 PM »
I found this weird, too, but it's just one of those deals where you have to suspend disbelief and accept.  This is the DARK SHADOWS universe, and what you would imagine happens in our own doesn't necessarily follow suit in theirs.  

I, too, thought both Edward and Judith should have recognized Quentin.  It was kind of silly that they didn't.  

I think Curtis wanted to scare us all with those two hideous faces--and of course, like Josette, Evan needed a hanging eyeball (missing on Quentin).  

Considering the lack of time involved, their makeup people did a damned good job, IMHO, in making those two look like their faces had been attacked by an eggbeater.

Love, Robin

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 05:56:16 PM »
Lets face it the Collins aren't very observant.  It was so obvious it was the Q-man.  His height, side burns, clothes, dead give away.  What about Edward going into the Old House and asking Magna where the Barnster was.  Hello, his coat and cane were hanging right there on the coat tree.  Da-where could he be???  It drives me crazy that they have characters so stupid.  I won't be asking Edward or Judith to find anything I lost in this house.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 06:46:48 PM »
Hey gang,

I'll tell you what surprised me about Edward's reaction to that guy with the "bad complexion," sitting in the Collinsport jail.  I'm surprised that the haughty Edward did not comment to the jailer, "Couldn't this fellow's parents have afforded to send him to a dermatologist when he was a teenager?  Apparently, they did not love their son very much, did they?"

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 08:03:12 PM »
 It was so obvious it was the Q-man.  His height, side burns, clothes, dead give away.  

!  Okay, he looks bad but he's wearing Quentin's clothes, has Quentin's sideburns, is playing Quentin's music and sounds just like Quentin to boot!

with those two hideous faces--and of course, a hanging eyeball (missing on Quentin).  

but the true tell tale......
AND HE STILL HAS ALL THE CHICKS LINED UP FOR HIM!

a-ha! it finally sunk in how to do it! [aprvg]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2003, 11:15:19 PM »
but the true tell tale......
AND HE STILL HAS ALL THE CHICKS LINED UP FOR HIM!

LOL!  Uh, um, well...  I dunno about that.  I can make it pitch black, right?  [sure]

a-ha! it finally sunk in how to do it! [aprvg]

Ooh, 3 quotes! [hello]

I feel so proud!! :'(

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 11:54:02 PM »
I, too, thought both Edward and Judith should have recognized Quentin.  It was kind of silly that they didn't.

Oh come on, people--how could it NOT be Quentin??  Who else in Collinsport is that tall??

I think Curtis wanted to scare us all with those two hideous faces--and of course, like Josette, Evan needed a hanging eyeball (missing on Quentin).

like Josette?

*****May be a spoiler*****

I saw in one of the books (I think it was KLS's) a picture of "a disfigured Josette," but I don't know why she looked like that, unless it happened after she died(?)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2003, 02:39:49 AM »

Oh come on, people--how could it NOT be Quentin??  Who else in Collinsport is that tall??

I'm with LoveAtFirstBITE, I mean, honestly, same height as Quentin, same voice as Quentin, same clothes as Quentin--remember it wasn't like you could go to a store and buy a suit in those days--makes no sense and my suspension of disbelief has been stretched pretty taut on this show more than once.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2003, 06:47:41 AM »

I'm with LoveAtFirstBITE, I mean, honestly, same height as Quentin, same voice as Quentin, same clothes as Quentin--remember it wasn't like you could go to a store and buy a suit in those days--makes no sense and my suspension of disbelief has been stretched pretty taut on this show more than once.

Ditto!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2003, 01:48:52 PM »

like Josette?
I saw in one of the books (I think it was KLS's) a picture of "a disfigured Josette," but I don't know why she looked like that, unless it happened after she died(?)

Hi LAFB, The disfigured Josette that you saw did indeed take place after she had fallen from Widows Hill and died.  What you saw was Josette coming back from the grave (1795) after Barnabas had summoned her so the two of them could be "together" for all eternity. However, once he laid eyes on her disfigured face he quickly sent her back to the grave.

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »

Hi LAFB, The disfigured Josette that you saw did indeed take place after she had fallen from Widows Hill and died.  What you saw was Josette coming back from the grave (1795) after Barnabas had summoned her so the two of them could be "together" for all eternity. However, once he laid eyes on her disfigured face he quickly sent her back to the grave.

Cassandra[/font]

that's Barnabas for you just likes a PYT but don't go changing on him!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV