Author Topic: A walk through Johnny Depp's career  (Read 834 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A walk through Johnny Depp's career
« on: June 09, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »
Anyway, Happy 48th Birthday to Mr. Johnny Depp!

And in honor of that, this site has done a a very nice photographic walk through Depp's career: A walk through Johnny Depp's career

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: A walk through Johnny Depp's career
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »
^^^ This is a really nice slideshow because they include some of the more obscure stuff in addition to the mainstream characters, and it goes all the way back.  I posted a comment there this morning to mention that Johnny is actually turning 48, not 47, but it's awaiting moderation.  I'm sure Johnny wouldn't mind the mistake, and he could easily pass for several years younger, anyway  [ghost_wink]

Looking forward to this time next year, when surely there will be slideshows posted that will include Barnabas!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:00:45 PM »
Looking forward to this time next year, when surely there will be slideshows posted that will include Barnabas!!

Yes!  [ghost_wink]

It's a shame that, for a certain segment of his fans, a particular hotel room photo wasn't used for Private Resort[bootyshake]  [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
Since I can never keep my mouth shut when I read Depp-related tidbits  [ghost_wink]

I'm not sure, but I think that #2 (Stephen Jones and the mugging) was just a joke.  They did do a recording session(s) together, though, and Johnny plays lead guitar on a song with Jones' band, Babybird that was released last year. He also directed the video :)
#6:   The claim that Johnny owns a vineyard or makes his own wine has been refuted many times.  He does love wine, though, and surely has it shipped to him.
#7:   The West Memphis Three now have a new hearing scheduled, I think for around September, to look at the DNA evidence that would quite likely exonerate them.  Johnny, Eddie Vedder, and Patti Smith among others performed in a concert last summer in Little Rock, AR to help raise funds and awareness for this cause.

I'm pretty sure everything else is totally true.  The guy is a class act, all the way. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 04:08:06 PM »
A Web site claiming something is absolutely true when it isn't - what a novelty.  [ghost_wink]  [ghost_rolleyes]  Thanks for clearing those up.  [ghost_smiley]

On the other hand, Frid has never gotten this sort of retrospective on any of his birthdays: 48 Sexy Shots of Johnny Depp | Swoonworthy  [ghost_nowink]