Author Topic: Turnabout Is Fair Play  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Turnabout Is Fair Play
« on: October 24, 2003, 10:34:01 PM »
Hey gang,

I must confess that I was probably the first one to get all over Nicholas Blair for wearing that same lousy, gray suit of his, seemingly every day of the week!  I mean, it couldn't have been very "pleasant" for the folks at Collinwood to be around this guy, parading/kvelling around the great house in the same outfit day after day (if you get my "drift").

Yet, to be comletely fair, I believe that it is imperative of me to point out that the enigmatic Gerard Stiles has been in that same black suit of his for about a month now.  I realize that it's supposed to be winter time in Collinwood, circa 1840.  But, ye gods!  When Gerald Stiles, Esq. walks into the drawing room, it must be like "spring is bursting out" all over!!!  ("Quick, open the windows!")

Okay, Gerard's not a bad looking guy, but how can Samantha, Leticia, etc. stand to be within ten feet of this fellow, let alone, cheek to cheek with this one-suit-man, who probably never even heard of dry cleaning?  ("My, that's an unusual 'cologne' you're wearing, Gerard.")

No wonder Gerard Stiles (a/k/a Ivan Miller, by the way, that sounds like the name of a rookie forward on the Indiana Pacers, imho) frequently has that exceedingly saturnine expression on his face.  (No doubt, he probably just caught a good whiff of himself!)  And, at least, Nicholas Blair had both a double-breasted and three-piece gray suit in his wardrobe.  That's double the number of suits that Gerard/Ivan has.

Maybe it's well past time that the ditsy (but lovable) Flora Collins opened up a charge account at Brewster's Department Store, so that her charming muse/house guest can get some desperately-needed threads, and stop smelling like Daisy May from "Little Abner."  Yes, the inimitable Gerald Stiles, Esq., or as I like to refer to him as, "Mr. Stinky"!

Bob the Bartender, who's trying to cope with the devastating news of Dark Shadows' imminent cable tv demise by dwelling on these, all-important and earth-shaking matters.

PS My apologies, if needed,  to our own Gerard.  I certainly do not include him in with the sartorially-lacking, black-suited guest of the McGruder Mansion (that looks suspiciously like Ken and Barbie's dream house, imho).

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Turnabout Is Fair Play
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 02:57:29 AM »
Hee! I hope that Nicolas at least had a freshly laundered shirt everyday.  He didn't look like the kind of guy that would work up a sweat anyway (at least in outward appearances).
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 01:43:49 PM »
now Bob i wonder if he has a closet full of the same suits
and refuses to try another color or type. i knew a guy like this quite weird!
i see our Gerard as OC don't you?

jennifer
i hate to say this but GO MARLINS!
PS i see Bennifer are eloping Don't you care???
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 02:40:12 PM »
Thanks for the smile this morning Bob.  Leave it to you to cheer us up with your wit.

I also knew a Dr. who wore the same grey pants eveytime we saw him.  There was a time we saw him quite a bit.  I use to pray he had a closet full of grey trousers.  A truly brillant man, but not much of  a dresser.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 03:42:12 PM »
Jennifer...is 'Bennifer' Ben Afleck/J.Lo (not that I really care).

OUR GERARD AS OC...no....he's too good.

But, BTB.....can you say, MATLOCK?

:DPatti

BTW....JKarlen's vest may've looked very nice, but printed silks were not yet in fashion, yet alone in Maine.
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 06:26:43 PM »
Jennifer...is 'Bennifer' Ben Afleck/J.Lo (not that I really care).

Yes, neither do I, and the topic really doesn't belong on a DS board, sorry.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »
Yes, neither do I, and the topic really doesn't belong on a DS board, sorry.

sorry won't bring it up again
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV