Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1079  (Read 895 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1079
« on: October 08, 2010, 05:36:32 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1079
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »
Was that Ken McEwen doing the voiceover?  And if so, shouldn't he have been wandering around the episode looking for a beautiful bitch to suck the life out of him?

So.  Daphne was, according to the records, a governess who died in 1841.  That's open to question: as Julia pointed out a few episodes ago, the truth can be altered in family histories.  But what Hallie said today, when she was possessed by Carrie, can be taken as fact, I think.  So we know that Gerard had a ship, and that one day he and Daphne kissed on it, and that nobody was supposed to know.  We also know that Carrie went to the ship alone to explore, thinking that nobody was there.  This makes Carrie sound more like Amy than like Hallie, and it really makes Carrie sound either quite naive or else quite reckless.  We're talking about 1840 or 1841, after all, when young girls weren't supposed to do things like that.  She thought nobody was there, but what if a rough sailor had been there and had taken sailorly advantage of her?  But I don't think the writers have any intention of making Carrie into a "fast" (to use the word in its old-fashioned sense) young woman.

Assuming that, in the original events, Carrie did go onto the ship and she did see Gerard and Daphne kissing and she was caught seeing them kissing, and punishment was the next step...did she get punished?  Was that one of the events that led to Gerard and Daphne being unrestful dead?  And did Daphne change her actions the second time around?  Or did Daphne relent the first time around as well?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
I didn't know any of that, Lydia....   During Q reciting the spell I heard him say "from whence" at the end and thought, if spells have to be word-for-word I'd have gotten it wrong, since I'd have corrected "from whence" to "whence" (since "whence"="from where", including "from" within the word "whence").   So I might have ruined the spell.

Then Q himself faltered there, apparently having said "from whence" instead of "from which" which is how he said it the second time.   It seemed to be too late though, and he ruined the exorcism.   Or did I get that wrong?   Was that a Quentin blooper, or a Selby blooper?

The adults have set a very good example for the young 'uns at Collinwood...  David's seen the adults do seances throughout his life, and knows that's how you solve problems!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »
8/13/70

I like the close-up in the opening.

There are voices at the opening after the credits and it doesn't seem to be the bleeding. Sometimes it seems like I can hear stage directions. They are possible using short wave radio or someting and I wonder if it's there voices faintly coming through.  As I said it's not the bleeding. I can hear it in on of the separate surround speakers I have. Anyone else every hear this?

Poor Selby has to practically bend come out of the door leading to the kitchen.

Actually I think that Kathy had to go through this ep without her sling so they could work it into the script. Reminds me of Jared Padalecki having to shoot and ep of Supernatural with a broken hand and then the villain broke it at the end.  Had to be a painful experience.

There seemed to be a cut right before Julia was entering the door.  Poor GH seems to be having a hard time with her lines today in the Drawing Room scene.

I think there was another cut for them to put Kathy in a fashionable sling.

“I’ve seen the grownups do it a lot!” David referring to all the various seances! LOL Not something one hears often.
Love the funky sound at the end of the episode.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/