Author Topic: "Potential new DS movie"  (Read 8813 times)

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: "Potential new DS movie"
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2005, 07:12:43 AM »
I wolud like to see a Daytime Monday through Friday  Dark Shadows :The Next Generation
Dan

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2005, 07:13:02 AM »
I also think Depp would make a good Quentin, perhaps even moreso than Barnabas (although he'd be very good in that role too).  Depp just seems so right for the role of a charismatic cad with an interest debauchery and in the occult. 

I agree that he would make a good Quentin, but I think it would be more fascinating to watch him in the role of Barnabas. I think Quentin's personality makes him seem a more obvious choice for Depp, but Depp would really shine as Barnabas.

I haven't really thought of who I would cast in a movie version of DS...it's really hard to do. Or maybe I'm just really picky. ;)

On the subject of Quentin though....I wonder (if DS was ever turned into a movie or trilogy, etc), if we would even see the character of Quentin. I would assume they would start with Barnabas and that the most likely setting would be 1795.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2005, 09:31:55 PM »
I wolud like to see a Daytime Monday through Friday  Dark Shadows :The Next Generation

I totally agree. I think that TPTB have been trying to feel the waters for some time now to see how a 'spooky' type serial would go over.

I'm referring to Passions (with ?the Nanny, sorry, don't know characters name..Tabitha?) and also, wasn't it Port Charles which had vampires?

This, while at same time huge popularity of BtVS, Angel and Charmed on weekly nights.

Next generation sounds good; perhaps keep a few core characters on (absolutely must have Nancy Barrett)...maybe David's son or daughter....Hallie (I'm ducking now!).

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2005, 05:40:46 AM »
I'm referring to Passions (with ?the Nanny, sorry, don't know characters name..Tabitha?) and also, wasn't it Port Charles which had vampires?

Yep, Tabitha -- Juliet Mills -- Nanny from "Nanny and the Professor -- now I'm starting to really miss my childhood!  LOL!  And yes, it was Port Charles with the vampires.  I miss Caleb -- sob!  LOL!

Next generation sounds good; perhaps keep a few core characters on (absolutely must have Nancy Barrett)...maybe David's son or daughter....Hallie (I'm ducking now!).

LOL!  I haven't seen Hallie since the original run when I was a kid and (uh, probably risking my life revealing this -- ha!)  I liked her then.  Liked her Disney movies too and I'm looking forward to seeing her at the Fest this summer.  (Uh oh -- guess I'd better duck now too!  Eek!  LOL!)