Author Topic: d.s. dolls?  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: d.s. dolls?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 04:05:12 AM »
Dolls have always given me the creeps....(picture my parents trying to explain that to relatives who brought them as gifts)...but bobbleheads make we want to run, screaming....... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 04:39:07 AM »
Wow, I like the Barnabas and Angelique of "clayguy"--but, is it just me, or does Quentin look more like Leonard Nimoy's Spock?! ;)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 05:20:00 AM »
I have both the Barnabas and Quentin dolls, and obtained them at this past fest for relatively cheap. If they were the prices that the Desperate Housewives (DS for short--coincidence? I THINK NOT!! lol) I would probably put them on my x-mas list or my b-day list in hopes that someone would buy them for me, because I'd be hard pressed to shell out that much money for one doll. I might buy one, maybe Barnabas, but after that, I'd have to recieve all the others as gifts.

Speaking of future dolls, KLS said at the fest during one of her many times on stage that she just heard that she was "going to be made into a doll". So, given that, I'd be willing to bet that Majestic will be coming out with a Josette doll sometime in the future. I'll be looking forward to it, because I think they've done a wonderful job with the action figures they've released so far.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that Majestic will be coming out with a Josette doll sometime in the future.

Come on Julia doll!  ;)  I can just see her now, w/her white lab coat, medallion, purse slung on her arm, medical bag FILLED w/sedatives and 3 heads--helmut hair, short hair, long hair from later in the series.   8)  She'll look great up there on the shelf w/her man.   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 08:29:15 PM »
I'd like to see one of Julia's interchangable heads have her signature GASP look with her hands over her mouth. *wink*
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »
I'd like to see one of Julia's interchangable heads have her signature GASP look with her hands over her mouth. *wink*

That would work, like maybe from the scene where [spoiler]she's in the mausoleum and the blood is running down the walls and she says, "It's BL........OO...............D!!"[/spoiler]  ;)  Then you could pose her hands in front of her face.   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 07:07:21 PM »
i'm with dom in that if there was a doll of liz done up a' la episode one(the gown.the jewels.the towering updo)i'd be tempted to go for it.

i like buzz's idea of julia and all of her medical accoutrements.to be worn over lime-green tweed of course.needless to say vicki would have to come with a complete wardrobe of sleeveless dresses.i'd like maggie in her waitresses uniform with perhaps a change into a nightgown.for a character like laura or angelique who existed in various centuries she could come with an historical costume as well as a "present day" ensemble.

i hope "madame alexander" offers a layaway plan. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »
i like buzz's idea of julia and all of her medical accoutrements.to be worn over lime-green tweed of course.needless to say vicki would have to come with a complete wardrobe of sleeveless dresses.
i hope "madame alexander" offers a layaway plan.  :P

LOL, mscbryk.

i'd like maggie in her waitresses uniform with perhaps a change into a nightgown.

Maggie dolls could also come with an ash blonde wig.  Do ME dolls talk?  Cuz Maggie could call everyone a "j-e-r-k."

for a character like laura or angelique who existed in various centuries she could come with an historical costume as well as a "present day" ensemble.

Angelique in her green snake 1897 dress   [snake]

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 10:14:16 PM »
Speaking of future dolls, KLS said at the fest during one of her many times on stage that she just heard that she was "going to be made into a doll". So, given that, I'd be willing to bet that Majestic will be coming out with a Josette doll sometime in the future. I'll be looking forward to it, because I think they've done a wonderful job with the action figures they've released so far.

I really hope that's true. Not only because Josette's one of the characters I most want, but also because that simply means the line is continuing and is not dead, which, if it were, would make me very sad. And I agree. I think they did a fantastic job on the first figures. My only -very minor- complaint is that I wish they came with accessories.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 10:54:52 PM »
i'd like maggie in her waitresses uniform with perhaps a change into a nightgown.for a character like laura or angelique who existed in various centuries she could come with an historical costume as well as a "present day" ensemble.

And she could also have a head w/the blond wig.  They could do what they did w/Barnabas for Laura and Angelique, one in modern clothes, one in period costume.

Do ME dolls talk?  Cuz Maggie could call everyone a "j-e-r-k."

That would be TOO funny!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 11:40:45 PM »
Yes, one in present day and one in period costuming would be great! I've not heard of Majestic--do they specialize in TV dolls/action figures, or are they a general doll making company?
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 12:12:25 AM »
Majestic is a small company that make 12 inch figures of television/movie characters. They've done The Munsters, the original Battlestar Galactica, Dark Shadows, and the new Battlestar Galactica. They did a Zuni Warrior from the Trilogy of Terror, too.

I've noticed that their website is down. Wonder if they're going to update it.

I don't think they'll make two different versions of any of the other characters. It makes sense to do that with Barnabas because he's the main character, but I don't seem them doing that with smaller characters. I think an extra head is possible, though, like they did with the Quentin figure.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 02:16:06 AM »
I think an extra head is possible, though, like they did with the Quentin figure.

The Barnabas doll has 3 heads too, regular, vampire and old man.
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 02:20:37 AM »
I meant that they only released one Quentin figure - for example, they didn't release a present day Quentin with the 1897 Quentin. We only got 1897 Quentin. I think that's how every other character will be done as well, with Barnabas as the exception.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 05:17:30 AM »
for example, they didn't release a present day Quentin with the 1897 Quentin. We only got 1897 Quentin.
I'm dying for a PT Quentin in the orange jacket.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)